AN515-51 Can not update firmware Nitro 5

Options
realBee
realBee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I tried to update nitro 5 firmware (AN515-51  V1.10) and got the error message "Mount the EFI System Partition fail".
Please help.
Thank you.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Your OS may have been installed on a MBR disk, you have to switch that to GPTdisk, you can do that with some partition management software, probably a paid version. By the way, do you really need BIOS update? 
  • realBee
    realBee Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you, brummyfan2. I will try and let's you know about your suggest.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Check also if your BIOS is set to EFI or Legacy, if is set to Legacy, you need to switch to EFI and re-install windows OS.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Pabitras75
    Pabitras75 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    How to check EFI or Legacy
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,767 Trailblazer
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Para verificar se o BIOS está no modo uefi ou legado, pressione f2 ao ligar o computador e vá para a seção de inicialização!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pabitras75
    Pabitras75 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thasks brother. 
  • itaha008
    itaha008 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited April 2020
    Options
    IronFly said:
    Check also if your BIOS is set to EFI or Legacy, if is set to Legacy, you need to switch to EFI and re-install windows OS.
    when i select EFI, windows give the error "no bootable device"
  • Maestro2020
    Maestro2020 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Para verificar se o BIOS está no modo uefi ou legado, pressione f2 ao ligar o computador e vá para a seção de inicialização!
    So is there a way out of this situation? I want to update BIOS to improve system stability. Laptop Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51-75JF. 
    I have the same problem as Itaha008

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    @Maestro2020 Convert ssd or hdd to gpt and reinstall windows. Then, update the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)