Acer VX15 won't boot. Help?

Firenze
Firenze Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hello. So I did a "restart and install" a windows update last night. It was stuck in the Acer logo for at least 30 minutes so I thought it hanged and I forced shutdown. I turned it back on and it still got stuck on the Acer logo for another 5 mins so I did another forced shutdown. Turned it on again and a text appears under the Acer logo saying "please wait while we install system update." Woke up 5 hours later and still the same screen so I tried to force shutdown but it doesn't respond so I pressed the battery reset pinhole at the back. Now when I turn it on, the power led and keyboard light blinks every 3 seconds but nothing appears on the screen. Even the fan isn't running. Any suggestions on what I should do?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    try another battery reset and if it still blinks, probably there something more than just a stuck update.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Firenze
    I did the battery reset trick about 3 times. I disconnected the adapter and pressed the pinhole button for at least 4 seconds. Let it sit for about 5 mins and then I reconnected the adapter. I turn it on and still the same result.  :/
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Time to call Acer support service.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Firenze
    I'll do that tomorrow morning after I've exhausted all the solutions that Google can offer.  :'(  Ty for the help