Z3-605 All in One - Windows 10 updates/BIOS question

Hercboy66
Hercboy66 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Ive seen a BIOS update available for the Z3-605 on the ACER website, but again, the customer support provide zero help regarding the advice on actually using it. Its like smashing my head against a brick wall trying to get anything useful out of them. Can anybody provide advice on whether a bios update/upgrade might help with the windows updates which now regularly crash my computer?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    with a simply description as BIOS and no changelog, it will be very hard to understand which kind of changes/benefits you will have on your system.

honestly, i would update but i don't think it will fix windows updates crashes (i would try a windows 10 refresh to fix that kind of issue)
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Hercboy66 said:
    Ive seen a BIOS update available for the Z3-605 on the ACER website, but again, the customer support provide zero help regarding the advice on actually using it. Its like smashing my head against a brick wall trying to get anything useful out of them. Can anybody provide advice on whether a bios update/upgrade might help with the windows updates which now regularly crash my computer?

Hi,
    You can stop Windows updating your drivers, go to start and type " Device installation setting", select "No" radio button in the next window, click save changes and exit.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    @brummyfan2 this not always work, i had experienced myself.
    To completly block drivers updates, you need a registry or police tweak.
    This is the worst thing of windows 10
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • @IronFly Thanks, as I am running the IP version, I never bothered to check it.
  • Hercboy66
    Hercboy66 Member Posts: 4 New User
    Are you running the 1703 windows 10 update on a Z3-605 now?