No Battery Detected Acer Aspire E5-522

Options
TaliyHad8
TaliyHad8 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in Aspire Laptops
Heya!

I've had this problem for a bit and i was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix it. My Acer Aspire E5-522 has been saying that there is 'No battery Detected' and would only run if the laptop is plugged in (if i take the charger out it'll instantly shut off and won't start without being plugged it.) The charge button (orange) is constantly flashing. 

Thanks for reading.

Answers

• bree
    bree Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem with my Acer Switch Alpha 12, the problem is that it has no reset button/pinhole. Any suggestions on what I can do?
  • Chinchin28
    Chinchin28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've had this problem for a bit and i was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix it. My Acer swift 7 has been saying that there is 'No battery Detected' and would only run if the laptop is plugged in (if i take the charger out it'll instantly shut off and won't start without being plugged it.) The charge button (orange) is constantly flashing.
    Thanks for reading.
  • Chinchin28
    Chinchin28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I've had this problem for a bit and i was wondering if anyone knew a way to fix it. My Acer swift 7 has been saying that there is 'No battery Detected' and would only run if the laptop is plugged in (if i take the charger out it'll instantly shut off and won't start without being plugged it.) The charge button (orange) is flashing but it gonna stop. 
    Thanks for reading.
  • dcannon121
    dcannon121 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Anyone find a solution?
  • Pverma
    Pverma Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am facing the same problem with my acer one 14 Z1402. Nobody from acer replies here ?
  • ThumperNTwinkie
    ThumperNTwinkie Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    I also have the same problem. I have Acer Aspire V3-372T-75VV laptop. My original Acer battery that came with the laptop started to bulge out really bad - made my laptop wabbly. I purchased 2 "Original NEW Acer Battery" and just received last week. Test both of NEW batteries and follow instructions several times including the Acer Reset battery, Windows are all up to date with drivers, Acer Care Center said both batteries are fully charge and is fine and drivers on the Acer Care Center said I am up to date. But still getting the flashing orange light and can only run my laptop when is connected to the "Original Acer Power Adapter".  When I uninstalled the "Microsoft AC Adapter & Microsoft ACPI -Compliant Control Method Battery" from Device Manager, it will then says battery is detected and "fully charge at 255% Available Plugged in". But when i disconnect the Charger, the laptop shuts down.  

My Acer is running on Windows 10 Home, Version: 20H2, OS Build: 19042.746.  Also, I received the following Red Banner "Error Message - User Account Control > This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more information, contact the administrator.
    UpgradeKit.Launcher.exe

Publisher:  Unknown
    File Origin: Hard drive on this computer
    Program location: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Upgrade Kit\UpgradeKit.Launcher.exe"

Close

This is so frustrating. Been working on this for several days now. And none of the suggestions are working. HELP PLEASE!!!
  • GaS
    GaS Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had a similar problem with my Acer Aspire R7 and I was able to fix it. In my case the laptop was working on battery power just fine, but Windows was saying “No battery is detected”. That happened after I replaced its battery with a new one. After trying all fixes I found online and nothing worked, I discovered that there was a bent pin in the connector socket (the one attached to the motherboard). I managed to straighten it and the “No battery is detected” message disappeared. Now everything is working fine. So it’s worth checking the battery connector socket for bent pins, dirt, or corrosion. I’ve summarized everything I did here:

https://hubpages.com/technology/Healthy-Laptop-Battery-Causing-No-Battery-is-Detected-Issue-on-Acer-Aspire

Hope this helps.

• BrianSalamone
    BrianSalamone Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

SOLUTION

I've been experiencing the exact same problem and have finally come up with a solution. This is assuming you’re only receiving the “Battery Not Detected” error. These are the steps I took prior to solving the issue. Logged in with Administrator access I:

Ensured power cord was in good condition

Ensured all Windows Updates had been applied

-Navigated to devmgmt.msc – Batteries

Microsoft AC Adapter > Properties (Ensured Device Status is working properly)

Microsoft ACPI – Compliant Control Method Battery > Properties (Ensured Device Status is working properly)

Microsoft AC Adapter > RIGHT CLICK (Disabled Device)

Microsoft AC Adapter > RIGHT CLICK (Enabled Device)

Microsoft ACPI – Compliant Control Method Battery > RIGHT CLICK (Disabled Device)

Microsoft ACPI – Compliant Control Method Battery > RIGHT CLICK (Enabled Device)

Microsoft AC Adapter > RIGHT CLICK (Update Driver)

Microsoft ACPI – Compliant Control Method Battery > RIGHT CLICK (Update Driver)

Microsoft AC Adapter > RIGHT CLICK (Uninstalled Device)

Microsoft ACPI – Compliant Control Method Battery > RIGHT CLICK (Uninstalled Device)

ACTION MENU > Scan for hardware changes

Microsoft AC Adapter > RIGHT CLICK (Uninstalled Device)

Microsoft ACPI – Compliant Control Method Battery > RIGHT CLICK (Uninstalled Device)

Rebooted (To allow windows to apply most recent applicable drivers)

-Navigated Acer Support Site

Downloaded the most recent BIOS update

Update failed – No battery detected

Copied *.EXE file to C:\

Windows > RUN > CMD

At C:\ entered FILENAME.EXE / Forceit

(Bios update applied – Issue remained)

Was about to give up…. But had a theory that proved accurate. My theory was the battery was not charging when the laptop was on, even though plugged into AC Power.

-Turned unit off

Unit didn’t’ charge

Removed power cord and reinserted

Amber battery charging indicator light illuminated approximately 5 seconds, then went out.

Removed and reinsert power cord

Amber battery charging indicator light illuminated approximately 10 seconds, then went out.

Amber battery charging indicator light illuminated approximately 30 seconds, then went out.

Amber battery charging indicator light illuminated – AND STAYED ON!

Left unit off and charging for approximately 4 hours

Returned to find units battery charging indicator light illuminated BLUE while still off (indicating a full charge)

Removed power cord

Powered on device – Device powered on as intended WITHOUT AC POWER

Upon successful booting into windows, battery indicator showed a full charge.

• Puraw
    Puraw ACE, Member Posts: 8,546 Trailblazer
    Options

Also the Ferrite bead is supposed to help with static electricity and EMI currents on the MOBO that can interfere with powering up laptops.😉

This discussion has been closed.