Post High Sierra upgrade H277HK Flickering issue with USB-C

jodim
jodim Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
I have two H277HK monitors and a 15inch mac book pro but I have noticed the same issue with just one attached. When the monitor is detached either from the laptop sleeping or me unplugging and then attaching it again then it will go into a cycle of flickering off and on. There is even little lines of 'glitches' appearing in the short time when the monitor is on.

Now for one of my monitors I have fixed this by connecting it using HDMI and the apple av connector dongle. The other one though I can only use after a clean reboot and must make sure the monitor is not put to sleep.

I have other monitors that I have attached over usb-c and they work just fine and survive being detached and the laptop sleeping. This drives me to believe it is an issue with the monitor it's self.

For the record I have tried every means possible of 'resetting' the macbook and neither of the two reset methods made any difference what so ever.

Has anyone else come across this issue at all?

Answers

• robuk
    robuk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yes I have the exact same issue... We have two of these monitors as soon as we upgraded to High Sierra they flickering started. I think Acer needs to update their driver and contact Apple with an update.
  • Nightsniper
    Nightsniper Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. 1 monitor with USB-C and the exact same issues.
    I have tried "everything" mentioned in posts related to this issue after installing High Sierra including resetting NVRAM.
    It worked perfectly before I upgraded. There is also no problems with 4K Samsung monitor i tried at work (connect with DisplayPort)
  • pbs90
    pbs90 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm also having the same issue. I downgraded back to Sierra again to allow the monitor to continue to work. Was wondering if anyone has fixed this yet, or if the latest version of High Sierra has fixed this? 
  • cbogdan
    cbogdan Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue here. Have 2 monitors and both have this issue. ACER please fix it.
  • chrino
    chrino Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same issue with only one monitor connected via DP to Belkin dock and then USB-C to MacBook. Works fine a little while, then the flickering begins. Drives me nuts. Acer, please fix this!
This discussion has been closed.