acer predator xb281hk not supporting xbox one x 4k how can i resolve

Options
JXH
JXH Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
how can i turn 4k settings on my console it says it doesn' support it but the monitor is a 4k @ 60hz

Answers

• kalandon
    kalandon Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    HDMI on the Monitor is only HDMI 1.4 which only supports 4k@30. I guess the one x needs a 2.x compatible device to allow 4k. The Displayport on the Monitor supports 4k60 but I don't know if it's possible for a converter to go from HDMI out (console) to DP in (Monitor).
  • JXH
    Options
    I have found an HDMI female to display port male guy supports 4k at 60hz no idea if it would actually work though
  • kalandon
    kalandon Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Unless it's an active converter it won't work. Displayport output (like from Graphics Card) to HDMI Monitor works, HDMI output to DP input won't (I tried connecting a DP Monitor to my 1080ti via DP to HDMI cable but it didn't work).
    The converter you found is probably similar to the cable I used.
  • JXH
    Options
    yeah so a display port cord plugs into my display port plug then I plug my 2.0hdmi into the HDMI that is connecting into the dp
  • Guggsy43
    Guggsy43 Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi mate I have the exact same issue. I went to connect my xbox X on to this monitor XB281HK thinking I will get 4K gaming, but no. Due to the fact this monitor has HDMI 1.4 and the XBOX X is HDMI 2.0. Unless there is a firmware upgrade available to change the HDMI from 1.4 to 2.0 on this monitor you'll either have to live with it or invest in a 4K TV/monitor that has HDMI 2.0.  

I have never been happy with this monitor since I purchased it. I use it on my PC via Display port and the Xbox is my second input on HDMI. The built in speakers are absolute S**t. I had to buy a set of external speakers, I brought a set of logitechs for £15, 1000% better. The color banding is very poor, and so poor picture quality. If I knew what I know now about this monitor I wouldn't piss on it if it was on fire. I will contact Acer to see if a firmware upgrade will resolve the xbox compatibility issue. but not gonna hold my breath. they will probably say it needs to be sent in or no upgrade available.