Acer Aspire V15 Nitro Black Edition VN7-571G Overclock

JasonTheCow
JasonTheCow Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hey, I was wondering how I can overclock the GPU core past +135. My current overclock settings are +135 core, +400 memory. I get MAX 65 degrees celcius at 100% load. To prevent overheating I have reposted with Arctic MX-4, have a cooling pad, 2x laptop vacuum coolers. Does anyone have any idea how to get past the +135 core limit?

Best Answer

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    If it is locked from BIOS, there is really nothing you can do, except finding a way to modify the BIOS and change the settings.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• ven98
    You can download MSI Afterburner. There are many guides and videos online showing how to overclock using this tool. But if Acer has set a lower power limit for the GPU,  you won't be able to overclock it much.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• JasonTheCow
    ven98 said:
    You can download MSI Afterburner. There are many guides and videos online showing how to overclock using this tool. But if Acer has set a lower power limit for the GPU,  you won't be able to overclock it much.
    I mean that I have already overclocked, but Acers bios has locked to core clock so it is a max of +135. I’ve already overclocked it to the max (135).
  • ven98
    Answer ✓
    If it is locked from BIOS, there is really nothing you can do, except finding a way to modify the BIOS and change the settings.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• JasonTheCow
    Ok, thanks for taking the time to talk to me :)
  • ven98
    Glad I could help  =)
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system