Sudden Graphics Failure

houdi68
houdi68 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi folks

Had my T3-710 for about a year and a half.  Its running on 12gb RAM with 2 gb on the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730.  All good until I installed the full package of Creative Cloud - I dont know if this is relevant but it was the only change Ive made around the time it all went to rat *****.  Fans began running on high and often which I put down to the increased work load  from video edits.  When the crashing started that became a worry.  In the middle of doing something in Lightroom or Premiere Id suddenly be met with a black screen then NO SIGNAL and the monitor would switch off.  This was on the DV cable - I moved to the HDMI cable but no change.  After uninstalling the Creative Cloud and going back to my normal Lightroom, Photoshop and Illustrator there was no change.  Constant NO SIGNALS.  Ended up disabling the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 which seemed to stop the NO SIGNALS but the CPU fan was still on often and loud - every 5 - 10 mins.

Being a Scotsman I wasnt looking to be spending any money getting this fixed until Ive investigated every avenue - just backed everything up last night and re-installed Windows 10.  Woke up this morning to find I cant get further than the first look at the desktop.  As soon as I hit keyboard or mouse the whole system freezes.

Im now sitting in safe mode - the PC is running like a dream, no fan action at all - silent.  As it should be with the RAM installed and spec.  But Im in SAFE MODE.  Ive disabled the NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 again so that when Ive finished backing up my other drive I can go back into Windows and hopefully get a bit further.

So the question here is basically, is my NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 goosed ?  I have to use it to connect to the monitor as ACER have the wonderful black plastic guards over the 2 HDMI slots on my motherboard.  Is there a way of removing that easily and will I then be able to use onboard graphics and remove the offending NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 and then see what my options are ?

Pardon the waffle

:-)