Options
13»

Answers

• Sephiroth146
    Sephiroth146 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    AndreEFR said:
    So, no one ever manage to have a microphone wired headset working in the helios?

Is it possible that the jack input in the helios 300 is audio only? 
    If you look at the first page, I have already pinned the best answer that worked for me. The device is registered as "Headphones", but you need to manually change it to "Headset" through the method that's pinned. The jack input is just fine.
  • Aarondhp28
    Aarondhp28 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Unfortunately this issue is still persisting across several Acer Laptops, including the Predator which I'm using now. 

The methods that have been suggested simply don't work. Double clicking the black analog buttons in the HD Audio Manager does nothing. No pop ups are shown. The ACER 3.5mm jacks are simply not recognizing headsets at all, and this issue just spontaneously started for me a few weeks ago on BOTH of my Predator Laptops. 

The only difference between the problem folks here are having and mine, is that while my computer does detect sound through the mic jack, it's about 1/20th what it should be. When I test the microphone, I basically have to hold it to my lips and speak loudly into it for the little bar to move at all. All of my voice recordings are too quiet to be understood. 

Acer customer support is AWOL on this issue, and it seems the only real fix is to buy a 3.5mm to USB adapter. 

I've been a lifetime Acer customer, but the lack of support from their side in the last few years has turned me off to them. I won't buy another PC from Acer for as long as I live.  
  • SillyPhoenix
    SillyPhoenix Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Unfortunately this issue is still persisting across several Acer Laptops, including the Predator which I'm using now. 

The methods that have been suggested simply don't work. Double clicking the black analog buttons in the HD Audio Manager does nothing. No pop ups are shown. The ACER 3.5mm jacks are simply not recognizing headsets at all, and this issue just spontaneously started for me a few weeks ago on BOTH of my Predator Laptops. 

The only difference between the problem folks here are having and mine, is that while my computer does detect sound through the mic jack, it's about 1/20th what it should be. When I test the microphone, I basically have to hold it to my lips and speak loudly into it for the little bar to move at all. All of my voice recordings are too quiet to be understood. 

Acer customer support is AWOL on this issue, and it seems the only real fix is to buy a 3.5mm to USB adapter. 

I've been a lifetime Acer customer, but the lack of support from their side in the last few years has turned me off to them. I won't buy another PC from Acer for as long as I live.  
    Same issue here, I did everything I found on the internet and nothing works. It works sometime and other times don't...
    I'm using Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-52 which is currently a newer version but still same issue
  • tearceun
    tearceun Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Anyone have any updates for this? I just bought a new PH315-52 and am having the same issues.
  • Hydro_206
    Hydro_206 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Yea first issue I've had with the Helios 300 guess I'll buy a converter for 3.5 to USB but it'd be great if Acer could chime in with an UPDATE and let us know if that's the best move...
  • okwhatever
    okwhatever Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    In Realtek Audio Console app, Microphone Array -> Microphone effects -> Disable all
    It might work.
  • febinmathew
    febinmathew Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Hello, so I recently got a new Helios 300 gaming laptop, and before I did anything, I updated firmware and then did a fresh install of windows 10 to get rid of the bloatware and everything. I then reinstalled all the necessary drivers. After that was done, I ordered some new headphones that I just got today, but whenever I plug them in, they are not detected at all. The actual sound is working, but the headphones and mic and not detected in the devices list. I only see the computer speakers and the computer mic. Although the sound is working, I can't for the life of me get my headset mic to work on this computer. It works on every other device I plugged into. I tried troubleshooting for hardware and devices, but it said there was no issue there. Like I mentioned above, I updated all of my drivers before I did anything else on this computer. Is there anything that I'm missing that is causing this issue. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
    Any working solutions? :(
  • Card17250
    Card17250 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    Okay. I'll talk to the makers of the headphones and see if I can't learn anything from them. Thank you for the help you gave me.
    did you find the fix i have the same problem
  • Alkudaz
    Alkudaz Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options
    i have a 3.5mm to usb-c connector and the laptop doesnt even recognize it or notify if something has attached to it......
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    This issue might even be a OS bug/issue itself 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Sephiroth146
    Sephiroth146 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited August 2020
    Options
    Card17250 said:
    Okay. I'll talk to the makers of the headphones and see if I can't learn anything from them. Thank you for the help you gave me.
    did you find the fix i have the same problem
    I already pinned the fix that worked for me. If it doesn't work for you then I don't know what to say.
    I'm currently using the Astro A50's, which uses two sound devices, one for playback, and one for voice communication, but it'll make a dent in your wallet if you buy them.
  • luciferthefalln1
    luciferthefalln1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    First of all... No-one should download the Realtek drivers directly from their website for their Acer product. 
    If your running a Helios or any Predator for that matter, you need to have the Realtek driver from Acer's website installed. 
    Secondly I'd like everyone to try this as a fix, as it seems everyone's headsets are being registered as "headphones" and not "headsets" 

First click your start button and start typing > Control Panel > and select 
    Once in control panel select Hardware & Sound 
    Then find HD Audio Manager 
    Then double click the little black circle next to the word "Analog" to have the first time pop up for your headset show. 
    Then on the check boxes select "Headset" instead of "Headphone" or whatever option you have.

Let me know if that fixes.
    The double click on the circle is not working it is not opening anything help please

downloaded both the audio driver AND the audio console driver and the "HD Audio Manager" isn't appearing, ive been at this for weeks now i can't get it to work at all
  • CaptainKirk05
    CaptainKirk05 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Friends! I have a solution!!! After weeks of trying to fix this and countlessly reinstalling/updating audio drivers I have finally fixed this issue. 

Solution:
    Hit your windows key and type "Realtek Audio Console"
    Click on "Device Advanced Settings"
    Under Connector Retasking - ANALOG.. change this from Headphones to Headset
    Restart computer
    FIXED! BOOM!

Hope this helps some of you with this same issue. 

• bff_leonard
    bff_leonard Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Figured out a solution on mine. Apparently, 16 bit, 48000Hz changes it to left ear audio only. 
    So, I dropped it down a step below to 16 bit, 44100Hz and boom! Both sides work!
  • jcvikl
    jcvikl Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    I found problem (headset stop working after installing NVIDIA DRIVERS): start Realtek Audio Console, additional device settings / restore connection order