Headphones not detected Predator Helios 300

Options

Answers

• Prvt_Parts
    Prvt_Parts Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Same here. Acer predator 17x using A40 headphones. Laptop doesn’t recognise them, I can hear sound through them but I can’t use the main mic, the laptop forces me to use the mic attached to the headphones cord.
  • Red-Sand
    Red-Sand ACE Posts: 1,892 Pathfinder
    edited May 2018
    Options
    First of all... No-one should download the Realtek drivers directly from their website for their Acer product. 
    If your running a Helios or any Predator for that matter, you need to have the Realtek driver from Acer's website installed. 
    Secondly I'd like everyone to try this as a fix, as it seems everyone's headsets are being registered as "headphones" and not "headsets" 

First click your start button and start typing > Control Panel > and select 
    Once in control panel select Hardware & Sound 
    Then find HD Audio Manager 
    Then double click the little black circle next to the word "Analog" to have the first time pop up for your headset show. 
    Then on the check boxes select "Headset" instead of "Headphone" or whatever option you have.

Let me know if that fixes.
    - Hotel Hero
  • agarwaltushar96
    agarwaltushar96 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    First of all... No-one should download the Realtek drivers directly from their website for their Acer product. 
    If your running a Helios or any Predator for that matter, you need to have the Realtek driver from Acer's website installed. 
    Secondly I'd like everyone to try this as a fix, as it seems everyone's headsets are being registered as "headphones" and not "headsets" 

First click your start button and start typing > Control Panel > and select 
    Once in control panel select Hardware & Sound 
    Then find HD Audio Manager 
    Then double click the little black circle next to the word "Analog" to have the first time pop up for your headset show. 
    Then on the check boxes select "Headset" instead of "Headphone" or whatever option you have.

Let me know if that fixes.
    The double click on the circle is not working it is not opening anything help please
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    If that doesn't work then try going to Windows settings > Privacy > find mic options and turn it on
    - Hotel Hero
  • agarwaltushar96
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    If that doesn't work then try going to Windows settings > Privacy > find mic options and turn it on
    Can you exactly tell where is that setting I couldn't find it?
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Click your start button and select the gear icon (settings) then select the "privacy", then go to "microphone" on the left panel and make sure it's enabled. 
    - Hotel Hero
  • agarwaltushar96
    Options
    Red-Sand said:
    Click your start button and select the gear icon (settings) then select the "privacy", then go to "microphone" on the left panel and make sure it's enabled. 
    It's not working still
  • Projekt21
    Projekt21 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    +1.  New Helios 300 PH315-51-78NP, and the audio port doesn't detect multiple headsets.  Following the prompts doesn't help.
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    If none of the fixes above work then it's best to contact Acer for support as I'm spent on guesses with the information given.
    - Hotel Hero
  • GameyStew2
    GameyStew2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hey! I know this is a couple years late, but if anyone that recently bought a Helios 300 is still having this issue: open up control panel --> hardware and sound--> HD Audio Manager --> Click the tab at the top of the menu that says "Microphone Array." In that tab, you should see something that says "microphone effects." If you select the box that says "disable all," that should fix it. What was happening is that any sound that was for "communication" was being told to go through your computer speakers. Dunno why, tho.
    Credit to my bud CRRZY_MAN
  • Red-Sand
    Options
    Hey! I know this is a couple years late, but if anyone that recently bought a Helios 300 is still having this issue: open up control panel --> hardware and sound--> HD Audio Manager --> Click the tab at the top of the menu that says "Microphone Array." In that tab, you should see something that says "microphone effects." If you select the box that says "disable all," that should fix it. What was happening is that any sound that was for "communication" was being told to go through your computer speakers. Dunno why, tho.
    Credit to my bud CRRZY_MAN

This is the second time Ive seen this as a fix for that issue!
    Good stuff!
    - Hotel Hero
  • dariomac
    dariomac Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I solved this issue on my Acer Helios 300 by buying a USB-C to 3.5mm Headphone jack adapter
    For some reason my headset wasn’t picking up my mic. Online there were some reports of the 3 ring 3.5mm jack having a different configuration to that of other devices like PS4 and PC but buying a cheap adapter forced the computer to register the headset as a mic in the sound device panel 
    this is what I bought for your references: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers-tablets/accessories/alogic/alogic-ultra-10cm-usb-c-male-to-3-5mm-audio-female-adapter/603391/

Hope this helps others out there facing the same issue. 
    - Im sure 3.5mm to USB adapter would also work 
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have that problem for last 2 months. My headphones works fine via usb audio controller but it doesnt get detected directly. First i thought it was a windows update problem but even after installing older and newer version of windows, problem persist. Headphones just dont get detected. I also tried reinstalling audio drivers and updating bios but it didnt help. I dont know what is the problem.
  • Kaustav
    Kaustav Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. Any solutions yet?  :'(
  • shrey
    shrey Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Hi there, I'm facing the same problem. 
    I've a predator helios 300.
    I've used several headphones and earphones which have built-in mic.
    The problem it reads my earphones and headphones as speaker output which is the default output at normal times. 
    Though I get the sounds via my earphones or headphones but it doesn't take input from the built-in mic of the headphones and earphones rather it takes input from the mic of my PH3.
    It doesn't really help at all while I play games.
    Beacuse I constantly have to lean towards the mic of my laptop for communicating whilst on a game.
    Please help @acercommunity

• Aaron_Stone
    Aaron_Stone Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am facing that problem now. One day all of a sudden, my 3.5mm headphone jack stopped recognising all the headphones/earphones I had. It doesn't identify both the mic and the headphones. The setting default option doesn't work as it doesn't identify the headphones/earphones as a device. I hope someone can give a useful way to fix this problem. Looking forward for your help.
  • AndreEFR
    AndreEFR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I bough the newest Helios 300 and i have the same problem.
    Wireless headsets (sony gold) work fine.
    Wired headsets (Hyper Stinger, and other cheap cellphone headset) only output sound and no input from mic.
    Both headsets work on other machines.

After 2 years the problem continues even on newer machines? 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    Options
    AndreEFR have you read/tried all the fixes on this thread since the beginning i havent got a clue of why this happens as i also never used any headsets for anything i just game normally with the laptop keyboard and usb mouse nothing else so the only thing i can suggest here was what i already said 

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• RobertBrubaker
    RobertBrubaker Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue, I can't connect using my audio jack on Acer Predator Helios 300
  • AndreEFR
    AndreEFR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So, no one ever manage to have a microphone wired headset working in the helios?

Is it possible that the jack input in the helios 300 is audio only?