Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Problem Acer Predator Helios 300

MarshaLLMarshaLL Posts: 5Member New User
edited November 2017 in Predator Laptops
A month ago I purchased this notebook and from the start I have problems with chopping Windows 10. It happens that when I click on the desktop with the right mouse button, the notebook hangs on 1s and then goes on, I can not move with the mouse or the keyboard. I reinstalled the whole Windows and the problem takes on. I found that it is doing an internal graphics card, sometimes the notebook on 1s grips and then goes on when the external graphics card geforce gtx 1060 does not cut any cuts. Can you please help me? Maybe there is a bug somewhere in the setting, I'm already crazy

Best Answer

• SkelomorphSkelomorph Posts: 340Member Seasoned Practitioner
    Accepted Answer
    Using regedit (click the start button and type regedit), go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ and delete the two folders that start with "igfx". Be careful modifying registry. If you delete anything you are not supposed to, you will have to reinstall Windows.

Skelo
    If I helped, please click "Like"

If I answered your question, please mark my post "Yes" to make it easier for others to find the answer!

"Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss

Answers

This problem is pretty wide spread. What seems to help is removing the Intel Control Panel from the Desktop Context Menu.

Skelo

If I answered your question, please mark my post "Yes" to make it easier for others to find the answer!

- Dr. Seuss
  • MarshaLLMarshaLL Posts: 5Member New User
    ok thank you how do i remove it?
    Accepted Answer
    Using regedit (click the start button and type regedit), go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ and delete the two folders that start with "igfx". Be careful modifying registry. If you delete anything you are not supposed to, you will have to reinstall Windows.

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • MarshaLLMarshaLL Posts: 5Member New User
    thank you many times, it's already after chopping