No Windows Hello in VN7-592G

Options
Shumayal
Shumayal Member Posts: 58 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello,

I read here on the Acer website https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/press/2016/175357 about Windows Hello. I have the same Acer Nitro Black Edition model as described (960m 4GB).

However, the Windows Sign-In Options says that Windows Hello isn't available on this device. If it helps, there is a Ready for Cortana sticker on the laptop near the webcam and my exact model is VN7-592G-747C.
Is it possible that this is available only on the 17" model?

Thanks!

EDIT: The article actually does state that it is available on both 15" and 17" notebooks. In that case, please guide me on how to enable it? I went to download the Intel Real Sense Depth Camera Manager, but I don't know which one to download from here.

Answers

• Shumayal
    Options
    Anybody can help?
  • ShyamPandey
    ShyamPandey Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options
    Yes, realsense is available and works with the laptop but the issue persists due to fatal driver's bugs, you can get it working by resetting your PC not by window's option but with acer's alt+f10 while booting which will delete all the files in C drive then you can check it by going in sign in option of windows after setup, you can also browse the features with realsense SDK but don't update the driver, at least for now.
  • melvincz
    melvincz Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Hi, I'm also using VN7-592G. I've done a totally clean Windows 10 (Fall Creators Update) and haven't install single Acer driver manually. All the drivers have been downloaded during or shortly after the Windows installation. Windows Hello is working correctly, Skype video is also working correctly. So far no issues, no BSODs. Have to say, I'm very satisfied now. Before I was upgrading several times from the initial Windows 10 version and after Fall Creators update Windows Hello was not working at all (I've tried various drivers, restarts, driver uninstallations etc.). Also, sometimes I've faced a BSOD (especially after going from sleep while running several VirtualBox virtuals with nearly all of 32 GBs of RAM allocated to the virtuals). Guess it was somehow related, but I'm not sure. Now it's all good, thanks god :)
  • G0tys
    G0tys Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi I'm also using VN7-592G-54D0 Manufactured 12-3-16
    I'm trying to get the hello to work but in device manager the camera just say HD CAM ???
    Does this mean ive got the old cam in or do I have to fiddle to update the drivers for the intel cam 
    many thanks 
    steve 
  • Shumayal
    Options
    Yes, realsense is available and works with the laptop but the issue persists due to fatal driver's bugs, you can get it working by resetting your PC not by window's option but with acer's alt+f10 while booting which will delete all the files in C drive then you can check it by going in sign in option of windows after setup, you can also browse the features with realsense SDK but don't update the driver, at least for now.
    Will I lose any personal files through this? So this will solve the fact that some of us see it just listed as "HD Cam" and remove the "isn't available on this device" error?
  • Shumayal
    Options
    Will I lose any personal files through this? So this will solve the fact that some of us see it just listed as "HD Cam" and remove the "isn't available on this device" error?
  • Shumayal
    Options
    I think I got a defective piece and the hardware was never fitted?

Can anyone please confirm this for my serial number on laptop from Acer? 

My SN NXG6JEM03860705C376600
    SNID 60702360766

It is a Black Edition Nitro which is supposed to be equipped with an Intel Sense.
    Using my serial number on the drivers & manual page, it does list an Intel Sense depth driver which  I tried to install but I was given the following error.

Is my laptop defective or it doesn't come with Windows Hello?