Acer C720 - SWOLLEN BATTERY!

13»

Answers

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    lfitz said:
    We have the same problem, mostly with C740 but also a few C720. Out of 300 we have about 60 and counting with swollen batteries. At $35 a pop, it is crushing our Chrombook program
    I have the same problem with my C720, is there any resolution to this ?
    Hi LoriOlson and nicolandot,

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with swollen batteries, please check and reply to my PM for better assistance. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • jlsosc
    jlsosc Member Posts: 1 New User
    We are experiencing the same issue with C40s.  Have there been any instances of the batteries actually exploding?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi jlsosc, we don't have any reports that batteries have exploded. We recommend to stop charging or using the Chromebook if youre experiencing or having a swollen battery. 

Please send me a private message with the serial number of your unit for better assistance.

Acer-Manny
  • CompteacherMAS
    CompteacherMAS Member Posts: 2 New User
    We are having the same problem, trackpad cannot work because of swollen battery,  with many of our  740's  - we are one-to-one school and it is really beginning to have an effect on our classrooms. Is ACER offering any solution to this problem?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi CompteacherMAS,

I am very sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with swollen batteries, please check and reply to my private message for follow up. 

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • SnowDuck
    SnowDuck Member Posts: 1 New User
    My husband absolutely loves his Acer 720 Chromebook and has been afraid to tell me that his battery is swollen.  He says it still works good, but has trouble closing.  Has there been a solution yet?  How much longer will his computer last?  
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi SnowDuck,

Thanks for sharing the information with us, I will recommend your husband to not charge or continue using the Chromebook if the battery is swollen. I have sent you a private message requesting more information to better assist you.

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny
  • Ppa
    Ppa Member Posts: 1 New User
    My battery is swollen twice the size now to
  • Edk
    Edk Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2021
    We have 15 of them that are all swollen and bulging, some to the point where the track-pad is useless. Is it too late to get anything done? The french department didn't realize as some end users sometimes don't realize realize this isn't normal.

TX
    Ed
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,430 Trailblazer
    EdkSend a PM to Acer-Manny

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ