Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Predator 17 G9-793 Screen flickers a lot when at desktop or websurfing ( but not in games)

MisterX101MisterX101 Posts: 3Member New User
edited November 2017 in Predator Laptops
I have the very latest bios, Video and chipset drivers available from Acer/NVidia but this hasnt helped my issue.
When first booting to desktop its at its worst, screen flickers pretty often but settles down a little after a minute ( but never stops completely)

Doesnt seem to happen in game. 
Laptop is only a few weeks old.

Any ideas?

Best Answer

• ven98ven98 Posts: 2,437 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Other individuals from this forum have reported similar issues and they had to send it to Acer to fix it as it is a hardware related issue. Please contact Acer support in your region.
    If your question is about a device you own or want information on, always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

I am not an Acer employee!

FAQ & Answers

• ven98ven98 Posts: 2,437ACE Pathfinder
    You can reset the battery. Here is how: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/34843/~/acer-internal-battery-reset

If it doesn't help, then I suggest you to update the BIOS to latest version. You can download from here: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/6965?b=1

The latest version is 1.12 and can be found under BIOS/Firmware.
    If your question is about a device you own or want information on, always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• MisterX101MisterX101 Posts: 3Member New User
    Hi there,  I will try the battery thing and report back , my bios is already at 1.12
    Thanks for the suggestion  Will post my results!
  • MisterX101MisterX101 Posts: 3Member New User
    sadly there is no improvement in the flickering
  • ven98ven98 Posts: 2,437ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    Other individuals from this forum have reported similar issues and they had to send it to Acer to fix it as it is a hardware related issue. Please contact Acer support in your region.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system