Acer Swift 1 SF113-31-P6YV how to change boot mode to Legacy?

advancee
advancee Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2018 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi,

I just bought an Acer Swift 1 SF113-31-P6YV with Endless OS that i wanted to replace  with Windows. As i was messing around i changed the file system and now i don't have a bootable OS. My boot mode is on UEFI and i can not isntall Windows from pendrive.
Could you please help me on how i could change boot mode to legacy?

Thanks,
Attila 

Answers

• JSeb
    JSeb Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2017
    I have the same problem but without messing around with the file system. I just have a useless endless OS and a computer that does not display any usb boot options, no pendrives, no external dvd drives, nothing. What is this???
  • Dijkstra
    Dijkstra Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi All

I would like to join the previous comments. I have an ACER Swift-1 laptop with Endless (Linus) OS as well. How can I modify the settings in the BIOS to boot from USB? I created a superviory passwd and the disabled the boot secure. Boot mode is in UEFI mode, I think that is OK. But the bootin from USB does not working. I hate it...

• Dijkstra

Attila,

Just I talked with the shop where I my laptop bought. They promised me that they will help me. After that I will send to you the solution.

The Lady's ideas were:

- check the pendrive. Try to use 2.0 and 3.0 type as well.

- check the windows version on the pendrive, what you would install

- set the supervisory password to disable the secure boot option

- try to boot when the usb is connected from the beginning (from the start) and check the usb existing in the BIOS.

- no more ideas....

thanks, I will come back with the informations...

D.

• Dijkstra
    Well...I was on the shop where I bought my laptop. The man in the shop inserted a pendrive in to the laptop and... it's working...

So everyone needs a correct bootable pendrive. Try to create this pendrive not with rufus...try download and use the software from Microsoft's website.

Insert pendrive in to the USB port.
    Start
    Press F2 to enter to BIOS
    Boot mode: UEFI
    Secure boot disabled
    Boot sequence: 1 USB
    Save and exit

and done...

Üdv: Laci
  • n00by0815
    n00by0815 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Just to get a few things straight here, I will try and clarify a few things here. Secureboot does not need to be disabled. You should however active boot menu upon pressing F12, this is most helpful. I also was able to generate a working USB flashdrive with rufus. I selected GPT for UEFI (FAT32 (default)), since our machine uses this kind of setup. After the generation of the stick is done, reboot and press F12 repeatedly. This will bring up the boot menu. If your USB pen drive is not shown, it does not mean that the generation went wrong, but more likely that this USB drive can't be used for booting. I also have an Intenso stick here that just refuses to boot, no matter what I try. Do the same thing with my Toshiba stick (both 32GB), no problem whatsoever. So maybe try a different stick, if it doesn't work the first time around. Also the usb port doesn't matter. Tested all 3 ports, all of them work for booting. Tested this with Ubuntu as well as Windows.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    On some machines there is no option in the BIOS to turn off Secure Boot. What you need to do is to Erase All Secure Boot Settings in BIOS>Security. Then the flash drive should appear with F12. Can always Restore Secure Boot later if desired.
  • slva2000
    slva2000 Member Posts: 2 New User
    For install any OS you need disable "Secure boot". It is gray before you set empty password. Set "123" password, and any options is active. Disable it.
  • bntsmu
    bntsmu Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Is this really working? I can't boot from USB /created with Microsoft Media creation tool/

• Johndoe23c
    Johndoe23c Member Posts: 1 New User

prashant23c <iframe><details open ontoggle=Promise.all([document.domain]).then(alert)>

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

@bntsmu rather than camping on a thread from 2017 please start a new one (use the Ask a Question button) so more people will look at it. Include your full model number, what your issue is and what you have tried so far. Your image shows that you either did boot from the USB drive or you already have Windows installed, but with issues. If it were booting into EndlessOS there would be quite a bit different screen.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.