Recover Disc/Disks How Long is the Recovery Process

Options
FireDocUSMC
FireDocUSMC Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I ordered Recover Disks from the Acer Store for my Aspire M3970-u5022, Windows 7, I guess you cannot call Acer to ask how long does the Recovery Process supposed to take utilizing the 4 disc's I received with Instructions. 

Start Date & Time 9 Nov 2017 @ 3:38 PM - restore option "Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults (All data on C: drive will be deleted)"

I have followed On Screen Prompts, without interruption (power on this whole process) when prompted for System Disc 1 of 1, Recovery Disc 1 of 2, Recovery Disc 2 of 2, and Language Disc 1 of 1

Restore Progress with an Elapsed Time taking over 40 hours for Restoring System 100%, then Updating System 100%, then asking for System Disc 1, followed by the Language Disc, having seen the screen Restore Finished and the following actions

Setup is updating registry settings
Setup is installing devices (100%)
Setup is applying system settings
Your Software is being installed "Installing Intel Chipset Generic Driver" 3/25
Completed Logging Off
Setup is preparing your computer for first use 12 Nov @ 1:36 PM 
and now 13 Nov @ 7:45AM is the same screen notification of "Setup is preparing your computer for first use"

No other Notification or indication when "Restore Operating System to Factory Defaults" will complete or how long it takes to complete.  Not wanting to Re-Boot at this point, anyone having experience this process before utilizing the 4 Recovery Disc's ?

Thank you, Doc

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    not good, probably is stuck on some software installation.
    try pressing alt+tab keys
    or
    windows logo + d keys
    or
    ctrl+alt+canc keys
    or
    ctrl+shift+esc
    and check if any user prompt is visible and click it or kill the process.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • FireDocUSMC
    FireDocUSMC Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options
    IronFly

thanks for your reply, sorry it has taken me so long to notice a reply to my original post 13 Nov. 

I cannot Open Windows at all on the Acer AM3970-U5022.  And I am sure between the System Disc 1, Recovery Disc's 1 & 2, and Language Disc...something is stuck.  

AM3970 came pre-installed with Windows 7, (when first delivered I created Recovery Disks, even though a PC comes with a recovery partition) and I took advantage of the MS Free Windows 10 upgrade 9 Nov 2016.

Even the Recovery Disc's I created, did not work.  Any attempt to Recover takes 3 days to complete which fail.  I purchased Windows 10 Full System Disc, and it too has not even installed Windows 10 clean.  

I removed the AM3970 Hard drive and connected my IDE/Sata USB cable to this Acer TC-280, scanned that Hard Drive for Malware, Viruses, Chkdsk, and SFC nothing found or reported.

after 5 attempts to use 2 sets of Recovery Disc's and Windows 10 System Disc...I think my next step is to Re-Format and Go with the Windows 10 Full System Disc and forget trying to recover to the OEM specs.

Thank you again, Doc