Help. My laptop (an acer predator) shows this everytime I wake it up from sleep

Options
Inu
Inu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Everytime I wake it up from sleep, it flashes this then goes black. I noticed that while the screen is black, if you hold down enter, it will show this screen for as long as you hold enter. I cannot wake my laptop from sleep anymore because eveytime I do, it shows this and I can't sign in anymore. I have to shut it down before I can use it again

Link to the image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kY7M1GgejaD1pN1f1FkgRD9fAFhJjDsM/view?usp=drivesdk

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    Update your graphics driver to latest version. Make sure BIOS is up to date too.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Inu
    Inu Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    ven98 said:
    Update your graphics driver to latest version. Make sure BIOS is up to date too.
    Thanks. Checked the bios updates and saw that the latest bios update "fixes abnormal display issue if system resumes from sleep mode". Now to learn how to update the bios. Hopefully this will solve my problem
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    From this page https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/drivers
    find your laptop's model, then under the BIOS/Firmware section will be listed all current BIOSes. Download the latest version. Extract the files from the archive and then run the (.exe) file, which is the BIOS. Just make sure before installing that the battery is at 100% and charger connected. During the process of installing the laptop might restart several times, so don't try turning it off during the installation.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!