Predator Helios 300 touchpad not working

Wes977
Wes977 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2017 in Predator Laptops
So i bought this laptop off amazon and it arrived today and the touchpad doesnt seem to work
I tried to connect a mouse through usb and it worked fine
I tried updating drivers and reinstalling the touchpad driver by downloading it from acer but it just doesnt seem to be recognized by the laptop at all
Even in the settings it doesnt show touchpad as an option
Is there anyway to fix this?

Answers

• Hi,
    Could you please go to BIOS settings, check whether it's in Basic mode for Touchpad in Main tab, if it is, switch that to Advanced mode.

• Wes977
    Hello there! I checked that already and it was in the advanced mode, I tried switching between them as well but it didn't seem to work. 
  • Hi,
    OK, switch to Basic mode, expand Human Interface devices, highlight and right click "Synaptics or Elan HID device", uninstall it and reboot and let Windows install the driver, then you have to switch to Advanced mode.
    You could also try reinstalling Serial IO driver after downloading it from Acer support site.
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/support-product/7310?b=1

• Wes977
    Synaptics or Elan HID devices doesnt even show up in device manager in both advanced and basic mods even though I installed them. What it shows is I2C HID Device with a yellow triangle on it only.
  • Hi,
    Could you please post the exact model name, right click I2C and click Update driver and see whether it installs any driver.

• alecsandes
    alecsandes Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi, I have the same issue, how did you solve it?
    System Model Predator PH317-51

• alecsandes
    Hi, I have the same issue, how did you solve it?

Sorry, I have updated the FW and it automatically set the touchpad to basic :)
  • Hi, I have the same issue, how did you solve it?

Sorry, I have updated the FW and it automatically set the touchpad to basic :)
    Hi,
    Did switching to Advanced resolve the problem?
  • alecsandes
    Hi,
    Hello,

Yes :)

• Hi,
    Hello,

Yes :)

• MajorChachi
    MajorChachi Member Posts: 2 New User
    TL;DR: Fn+F7 (yes, that's what fixed it for me—ohy!).

Hello. I just got the Acer Predator 300 PH315-51. I love it. I had to reinstall once since I uninstalling bloatware failed (whoops). When I reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working! I did my research and tried everything (this forum, cnet article on touchpads, BIOS, etc.). I then watched a Youtube video saying there's a Function key that turns the touchpad on and off. "No way," you say? Oh, yes; yes indeed. Fn+F7 on my keyboard has the same icon as the error popup on my screen when I tried to use it.

Hope this helps,
    Matt

P. S. I'm cross-posting since there's another post about this same issue.
  • Sreyas_Devil
    Sreyas_Devil Member Posts: 2 New User
    TL;DR: Fn+F7 (yes, that's what fixed it for me—ohy!).

Hello. I just got the Acer Predator 300 PH315-51. I love it. I had to reinstall once since I uninstalling bloatware failed (whoops). When I reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working! I did my research and tried everything (this forum, cnet article on touchpads, BIOS, etc.). I then watched a Youtube video saying there's a Function key that turns the touchpad on and off. "No way," you say? Oh, yes; yes indeed. Fn+F7 on my keyboard has the same icon as the error popup on my screen when I tried to use it.

Hope this helps,
    Matt

P. S. I'm cross-posting since there's another post about this same issue.

• Sreyas_Devil
    Sreyas_Devil Member Posts: 2 New User
    thanks dude it really worked
  • PRAVEENNN
    PRAVEENNN Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Could you please post the exact model name, right click I2C and click Update driver and see whether it installs any driver.

Predator G3-572
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,083 Trailblazer
    PRAVEENNN said:
    Hi,

Predator G3-572
    Hi,
    Have you tried switching to Advanced mode for Touchpad in BIOS? If not, give it a try.

• N7SC0RCH
    N7SC0RCH Member Posts: 1 New User
    I just came here for a failed touchpad. Really? FN+F7? I feel like a complete *****...  Working fine now.
  • iKoloser
    iKoloser Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi,
    Could you please go to BIOS settings, check whether it's in Basic mode for Touchpad in Main tab, if it is, switch that to Advanced mode.

Thank you so much! This worked for me!
  • SarahG23
    SarahG23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey, ya'll know that function F7 turns the track-pad on and off right.... just in case it was a simpler issue :)
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,583 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Wes977, has your problem solved? When I clean installed Windows 10, touchpad worked without the driver being installed in my G3-572. 
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • nguyentuanpc
    nguyentuanpc Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited August 2019
    If the Touchpad is switched to Advance in Bios mode not succeed
    If Fn + F7 failed?
    If the Device Manage does not receive the Touchpad Driver

It is possible that the cable connected to the Touchpad with the motherboard is loose or damaged.

Or your Touchpad has broken

----------------------
    Laptop Gaming cũ