How to turn off screen without turning off HDMI audio?

capceng
capceng Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have my laptop Esphire E5-575-32nd sets as HTPC. It was connected via HDMI through my AVR to lcd tv. The double display set to Duplicate.

When listening to music and the screen goes off entering power save mode, the hdmi audio also gone silent.

It also happen if I change the input sources on the lcd tv to other than the HTPC.

How to activate the HDMI audio when the screen turn off to power save mode?

Answers

• BryanB
    BryanB Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Power save mode on the TV means the TV is going to sleep, you have to use your TV settings and turn off power saver mode, same is true of your computer. You can adjust the power saving mode in the computer to just turn off the screen but not put the computer to sleep. Do you know how to do this adjustment, if not reply back.

• capceng
    capceng Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited November 2017
    BryanB said:

Power save mode on the TV means the TV is going to sleep, you have to use your TV settings and turn off power saver mode, same is true of your computer. You can adjust the power saving mode in the computer to just turn off the screen but not put the computer to sleep. Do you know how to do this adjustment, if not reply back.

Yes, my power save mode was set to just turn off the screen, without putting the computer to sleep.

I have found some old long discussion related to this problem:

h*tps://superuser.com/questions/605972/hdmi-audio-drops-out-when-display-enters-powersave

h*tps://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/8a9b5aa7-fe33-4e6d-b39b-8ac80a21fdc2/disable-monitor-off-detection-how

I have tried the disable HDMI pin 19 method, but as stated by some Intel HD Display users on the discussion, it made windows unable to connect to my lcd tv.

There is another methode to try, but it need some soldering works that is not my expertion.

So maybe someone at Acer have created a driver to solve this problem?