New Predator Helios 300 Touchpad Not Working

Options
Ternel
Ternel Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi Community! I just bought a Predator Helios 300 G3-572 today. Everything looks sleek but the touchpad doesn't work. I made sure the settings are correct and all drivers are current. Does anyone have a similar experience and a possible solution? I'd like to know before I bring this back to Acer to claim a warranty replacement.

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please check whether your Touchpad is in Advanced mode in BIOS, go to BIOS settings, look for Touchpad in Main tab, if it's in Basic mode switch to Advanced mode.

• Ternel

Tinkerer

Options
    Hi @brummyfan2! Thanks, but I checked the BIOS and Touchpad is already set to Advanced.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    OK, switch to Basic mode, reboot and try in Basic mode, then switch back to Advanced mode.
  • Ternel

Tinkerer

Options
    @brummyfan2 - I tried switching between Basic and Advanced twice to no avail. Both times, an icon of a touchpad with a red x briefly appeared after I logged backed in from the BIOS screen. When I was in Basic, I noticed the driver for the touchpad disappeared from Device Manager. It returned when I shifted back to Advanced. I'm not sure this is anything significant, but I hoped it would help.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    After switching to Advanced mode, go to Settings, Devices and check whether Touchpad is switched on, also check in Device manager whether you see HID compliant mouse when you expand "Mice and other pointing devices".

• Ternel

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks for staying with me, @brummyfan2. Yes, the touchpad is on. It's also set to remain on even if the mouse is connected. In Device Settings, I see not only 'HID-compliant mouse' but also 'Elan 12C Filter Driver'. The latter disappeared when I shifted to Basic. Under Human Interface Devices, there's also 'HID-compliant touch pad' and 'I2C HID Device'. They also disappeared when I shifted to Basic. I want to post screenshots, but I can't figure out how.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    No problem, while you are in Advanced mode, go to setting, Devices, Touchpad, scroll down to see different settings and try disabling some functions and see whether it works.

• Ternel

Tinkerer

Options
    @brummyfan2 - Did this, still no touchpad. I disabled all except for the main on switch and remain on when mouse is connected. No change. I thought I should mention that my Devices screen looks different from yours. The Mouse and Touchpad settings are on one page, not separate as in yours.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please upload pictures using this website:https://imgbb.com/  after upload the images to the site, please post the link in your post.
  • Ternel

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Options
    @brummyfan2 - Sorry, it seems I need tenure as a community member to post a link here.

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi,
    Never mind, give this a try, if that doesn't help, I suggest you to return for a replacement to the retailer, if possible.
    https://www.cnet.com/uk/how-to/fixing-windows-10-touchpad-problems/
  • Ternel

Tinkerer

Options
    Thanks @brummyfan2. This article was helpful.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    You are welcome, sorry couldn't be able to help.
  • MajorChachi
    MajorChachi Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    TL;DR: Fn+F7 (yes, that's what fixed it for me—ohy!).

Hello. I just got the Acer Predator 300 PH315-51. I love it. I had to reinstall once since I uninstalling bloatware failed (whoops). When I reinstalled my touchpad wasn't working! I did my research and tried everything (this forum, cnet article on touchpads, BIOS, etc.). I then watched a Youtube video saying there's a Function key that turns the touchpad on and off. "No way," you say? Oh, yes; yes indeed. Fn+F7 on my keyboard has the same icon as the error popup on my screen when I tried to use it.

Hope this helps,
    Matt

P. S. I'm cross-posting since there's another post about this same issue.
  • KIMUZON
    KIMUZON Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have EXACTLY the same problem as yours and finally found a solution in Microsoft forum.
    Let me show you the REAL solution.
    1. Stay in Advanced mode in BIOS.
    2. Leave the I2C HID device with a yellow triangle.
    3. Go download "Serial IO Driver" in the driver page and install it.
    The problem will be solved instantly and your touchpad is good to be used!
  • Pragyanand
    Pragyanand Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    KIMUZON said:
    I have EXACTLY the same problem as yours and finally found a solution in Microsoft forum.
    Let me show you the REAL solution.
    1. Stay in Advanced mode in BIOS.
    2. Leave the I2C HID device with a yellow triangle.
    3. Go download "Serial IO Driver" in the driver page and install it.
    The problem will be solved instantly and your touchpad is good to be used!
    This worked for me, Thank you so much!
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Great my friend! Accept colleague brummyfan2's response to post the topic as resolved.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)