Need a storage controller driver for A01-431-C8G8

Watricas
Watricas Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited March 20 in 2019 Archives
I have an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 A01-431-C8G8 and whilst I was trying to install Windows 8.1 Lite, which does not contain the storage controller driver, it could not detect my MMC hard drive. I've looked all over acer and other places and could not find a driver for my specific model. I'm running the Windows 8.1 Lite setup from a USB on Legacy boot mode.

Any help is greatly appreciated, if you need more info feel free to request it in the comments, I'll answer.

Answers

• 7sonic
    7sonic Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am having the same problem.
    The computer just stopped working one day, then we tried to get Windows re-installed, and drive would not show up anywhere. Changed BIOS settings to Legacy mode, and was able to see drive in Windows installer, but it couldn't do anything with it. It's like the drive died or something. 
    Anybody else have this problem? 

And of course, it's out of warranty...

If this is what we can expect from Acer, then don't expect me to buy any more Acer products. 
  • SebasMiller
    SebasMiller Member Posts: 3 New User
    7sonic dijo:
    The computer just stopped working one day, then we tried to get Windows re-installed, and drive would not show up anywhere. Changed BIOS settings to Legacy mode, and was able to see drive in Windows installer, but it couldn't do anything with it. It's like the drive died or something. 

If this is what we can expect from Acer, then don't expect me to buy any more Acer products. 
    This happens, when you use your USB Windows install formatted on the MBR partition table. Try this: 
    -Copy all your data in the USB, because this metod will clean all files on your USB Pendrive.
    -Use RUFUS 3.1, open Rufus, the usb will be auto selected. 
    - Deactivate your antivirus.
    - In the options, select your windows iso image, point on your disk where it is.
    - ON PARTITION SETTINGS, SELECT GPT, UEFI
    - Wait for it to end. Then click on Close button.
    - Test it and share it whit us, even if you are not posting here.
  • SebasMiller
    SebasMiller Member Posts: 3 New User
    Watricas dijo:
    I have an Acer Aspire One Cloudbook 14 A01-431-C8G8 and whilst I was trying to install Windows 8.1 Lite, which does not contain the storage controller driver, it could not detect my MMC hard drive. I've looked all over acer and other places and could not find a driver for my specific model. I'm running the Windows 8.1 Lite setup from a USB on Legacy boot mode.

Any help is greatly appreciated, if you need more info feel free to request it in the comments, I'll answer.

I think really is something more, no driver needed, but only there is a GPT partition and your installer is MBR, that makes the conflict whit disk and the installer don´t show the partition. Format your USB on GPT table, with Rufus, and select the installer iso to load, put it on GPT and it may work then.
  • Batnu
    Batnu Member Posts: 2 New User
    7sonic dijo:

This happens, when you use your USB Windows install formatted on the MBR partition table. Try this: 
    -Copy all your data in the USB, because this metod will clean all files on your USB Pendrive.
    -Use RUFUS 3.1, open Rufus, the usb will be auto selected. 
    - Deactivate your antivirus.
    - In the options, select your windows iso image, point on your disk where it is.
    - ON PARTITION SETTINGS, SELECT GPT, UEFI
    - Wait for it to end. Then click on Close button.
    - Test it and share it whit us, even if you are not posting here.
    Hola buenas tardes ,casualmente acabo de formatear una laptop acer aspire one cloudbook 14 AO1-C8G8 llegando al paso en el cual informas sobre la nacionalidad y el idioma no podía mover con flechas de direccion, hasta el momento en que use tecla tabulador ( dicho esto , seria lo que te sucede ?