TC-705 no display/video at all after windows 10 update

rubicon_wbd
rubicon_wbd Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have an ATC-507-UC52 which was working fine.
I was updating windows 10 (just an update) and now I have no video at all. 
The update seemed to be going through the normal update/reboot/update some more process. 
When I came back to it a while later the screen was black would not wake up with mouse or keyboard activity. 
I rebooted and now I don't even get the ACER boot screen to display.  I have tried both the hdmi and vga outputs and nothing.
The unit seems to be powering up... Fan spins, cd spins, usb ports have power.
Another odd thing is the ACER usb mouse no longer lights up.  I tried the mouse in another computer and it works fine.  I also plugged in a different mouse and it lights up.  Without video I can't tell if the new mouse is doing anything.

Any suggestions toward resolution of the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    power it off and disconnect the power cable for 10-15 minutes, then put it back and try to boot.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rubicon_wbd
    rubicon_wbd Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks for the reply IronFly.  Unfortunately, that didn't help.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    ok, try a CMOS reset.
    unplug the power cable, open the left side panel of your PC (front view), look for the CMOS battery (is the silver round battery near ram slots), take it off, push the power button twice and wait 5 minutes.
    put everything back and try to power

if you still don't have a video signal and no light on mouse, there's something else: i suggest you to call Acer support service if it's under warranty or go to a computer shop if out of warranty period.
    I'm not an Acer employee.