Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

When I am at full battery on my Acer nitro 5

Alpha_slayer18Alpha_slayer18 Posts: 2Member New User
edited November 2017 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
When I am at full battery on my Acer nitro 5 dose it automatically stop charging and why dose it only get up to 30 fps when I don't charge?

Best Answer

• ven98ven98 Posts: 2,437 Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    When your battery hits 100% it stops charging. The reason, why your performance drops when not charging, is to save your battery from damage, caused by very quick discharge. If the laptop used 100% performance, while on battery power, your battery life will be about twice less.

Keeping thr laptop plugged in all the time isn't harmful to your battery.
    If your question is about a device you own or want information on, always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

I am not an Acer employee!

FAQ & Answers

• ven98ven98 Posts: 2,437ACE Pathfinder
    Accepted Answer
    When your battery hits 100% it stops charging. The reason, why your performance drops when not charging, is to save your battery from damage, caused by very quick discharge. If the laptop used 100% performance, while on battery power, your battery life will be about twice less.

If your question is about a device you own or want information on, always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

I am not an Acer employee!
  • Alpha_slayer18Alpha_slayer18 Posts: 2Member New User
    ven98 said:

Thank you:D
  • ShumayalShumayal Posts: 50Member Troubleshooter
    Thanks for clarifying this. I have been seeing different theories online as to how 'discharging' is important even though it decreases the lifecycle (Charge Cycles if you may). I was in a dilemma. And now i always keep my laptop plugged in instead of occasionally plugging out the AC plug to drain battery on purpose.