ZC-700G all in one loads to Acer boot screen, then freezes

Options
StephenY
StephenY Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited November 2017 in All-In-One PCs
I had a lady bring me an Acer Aspire ZC-700G all in one complaining that the sound would go muffled on her randomly. I removed some malware, and made sure all of her drivers were up to date, and also updated her BIOS while I had it to the newest version on Acer. After this I ran some Windows updates, defragged her hard drive just to be nice, restarted again and then played a YouTube video for a few hours just to test to make sure that the audio wasn't having any issues. I

t was working well, so I shut it down, and disconnected it so she could take it home. She called me shortly after she left asking what to do because it wouldn't go past the Acer screen. I had her bring it back and powered it up to see that it in fact would load to the initial Acer screen showing to press del for bios or f12 for boot settings, but stayed right there. pressing the appropriate keys resulted in nothing, and the fan was running rather fast. After a bit of research I powered it down and have tried all of the following:

-removed CMOS battery
-changed jumper from CMOS to reset 
-installed a different RAM stick

Everything results in the same thing. However after changing RAM it will power off, power on, and power off twice before loading back to the Acer boot screen, and will also Beep twice. But after restarting again it loads right to the Acer boot screen and just stalls there. 

Any suggestions would be great because I'm ready to pull out my hair! I'm not sure what could have happened between shutting it down for her and her plugging it back in. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    had you try to enter BIOS without DVD/HDD connected?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • StephenY

Tinkerer

Options
    I did try booting with the HDD and optical drive disconnected. Still loads to the Acer screen and pressing del or f12 still does nothing.
  • StephenY

Tinkerer

Options
    Also tried booting with a spare HDD, and resetting the CMOS again, it tried starting twice again and shutting off before once again loading to the Acer screen and freezing.
  • IronFly
    Options
    it's Del key not F12 to enter BIOS.
  • StephenY

Tinkerer

Options
    I understand, I was just saying that neither prompts, del or f12 do anything. The acer screen gives me those as options but pressing either does nothing. Just sits at the screen with the fan running heavy.
  • IronFly
    Options
    so the problem is somewhere else if it hangs there without DVD and HDD, you can try with just one ram stick at time if there are 2.
  • StephenY

Tinkerer

Options
    She only had one ram stick installed, so I tried a different stick, and also tried putting it in the second slot. When I put the ram in the second slot the computer spins up, but the screen remains black and goes no further
  • IronFly
    Options
    No other ideas, sorry.
  • Dammy
    Dammy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello StephenY,

Did you fix the motherboard?
  • wielkipajak
    wielkipajak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    i have completly the same situation with the same computer like in 1st post. any new solutions?