Graphics Card for the Acer XF270HU

DesperadoRiding
DesperadoRiding Member Posts: 2 New User
edited February 16 in 2018 Archives
What is a good graphics card for the Acer XF270HU ?
This is Freesync, so no point in buying a EVGA GeForce because it is designed for G sync.
Any suggestions?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Any modern AMD/ATI will work, it depends, mostly, on which kind of games you play.
    i think a quick google search about model comparison will answer your question.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • DesperadoRiding
    DesperadoRiding Member Posts: 2 New User
    I don’t play games. I edit photos and videos.
    There are graphic cards designed for G sync. I don’t want to spend extra money if don’t have to. If I buy a Gsync monitor then I will buy a EVGA GeForce 1050TI. But, if I buy Free sync, then why spend the money on a EVGA 1050TI.
    I am not going to purchase this monitor until I determine a matching graphic card for this machine.

I still not sure of the difference between the AcerXF270H and the AcerXF270H.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Just want to add that I use a  GeForce Gsync graphics card.  But my monitor is freesync.   I use my rig for gaming and editing and don't have any problems even though they aren't "matching".   GTX 1050 is a pretty good card.  There's other brands besides "EVGA" that are less expensive. 

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    if you don't do 3D applications/games, a GTX1050 is good or RX560 for something less expensive.
    by the way, a good GPU can help you on render videos or images, if you do big panoramas stitching a lot of RAW or jpeg pictures.
  • Astrix_au
    Astrix_au Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter
    edited July 2018
    I have the XF270HA and I USE HDMI 2.0 as it's overdrive is working, the displayports overdrive isn't working so then I recommend a RX Vega or a GPU that supports HDMI 2.0. not sure if the 580 does but make sure first. The Freesync range is 40-144hz, make sure you use the HDMI cable supplied with the XF270HU it says HDMI (high Speed) otherwise older cables will be stuck on 60hz. HDMI feels pretty close to my Benq XL2730Z with firmware V002 (fixed overdrive with freesync). Display port has too much ghosting and I cannot use it. If freesync over HDMI 2.0 wasn't working I'd 100% give the monitor back.