How to I restore Acer installed programs I deleted? (all of them beginning with "ab")

Options
JeannineH
JeannineH Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I deleted all the Acer factory installed programs beginning with "ab" such as abphoto, ab everything (maybe 6 of them) as I didn't think I was ever going to use them.
Now when I use my printer to scan something and I try to save it to my desktop it won't work...I don't know if there is any connection to me deleting the programs or not, but
to be on the safe side I want to restore them. I am not computer savvy so I would really appreciate somebody walking me through this step by step. I don't have a ton of money to
get tech support from Geeksquad or anywhere and my acer aspire es-1 512 is beyond the one year warranty. I got on chat with Acer support but wouldn't help me because they are third party and my laptop is out of warranty.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017
    Options
    https://support.cloud.acer.com/

by the way, i don't think it's related to your scan/save documents on desktop.
    i would suggest you, to download again the printer/software scanner from the manufacturer website.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    If it's a Wireless printer connection, go to Settings, click Network and Internet,click WiFi in the left pane, click Manage known networks, select "Forget" for unknown networks( neighbours), reboot and try scanning.

• stormy
    stormy Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    JeannineH said:
    I deleted all the Acer factory installed programs beginning with "ab" such as abphoto, ab everything (maybe 6 of them) as I didn't think I was ever going to use them.
    Now when I use my printer to scan something and I try to save it to my desktop it won't work...I don't know if there is any connection to me deleting the programs or not, but
    to be on the safe side I want to restore them. I am not computer savvy so I would really appreciate somebody walking me through this step by step. I don't have a ton of money to
    get tech support from Geeksquad or anywhere and my acer aspire es-1 512 is beyond the one year warranty. I got on chat with Acer support but wouldn't help me because they are third party and my laptop is out of warranty.
    how do u even get apps