Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Predator Helios 300 has badly limited BIOS settings; unlock possible?

Espionage724Espionage724 Posts: 19Member Troubleshooter
edited January 13 in Predator Laptops
This laptop offers barely any useful BIOS settings. I read somewhere that someone was able to get a glimpse of advanced settings somehow with a Helios 300, but lost it upon reboot.

I decompiled the SetupUtility for my laptop and see there's tons of hidden settings available. Is there any way to unlock the settings for this laptop (aside from SPI reader + modded BIOS)?

Best Answer

• Espionage724Espionage724 Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    edited January 12 Accepted Answer
    adamo000 said:

I decompiled the SetupUtility for my laptop and see there's tons of hidden settings available. Is there any way to unlock the settings for this laptop (aside from SPI reader + modded BIOS)?
    What kind of hidden settings for example? 
    Here's a video of the settings:

I ended up using a hardware flasher and having someone over at Bios Mods create the BIOS. I also ran it through me_cleaner to remove Intel ME while I was at it (that's why the ME section in the video above has a bunch of broken values).

FAQ & Answers

• IronFlyIronFly Posts: 17,891ACE Trailblazer
    i think there's a better community where to ask it. :)
    bios mod community ;)
    I'm not an Acer employee.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • adamo000adamo000 Posts: 55Member Devotee

• Espionage724Espionage724 Posts: 19Member Troubleshooter
    edited January 12 Accepted Answer
    adamo000 said:

Here's a video of the settings:

I ended up using a hardware flasher and having someone over at Bios Mods create the BIOS. I also ran it through me_cleaner to remove Intel ME while I was at it (that's why the ME section in the video above has a bunch of broken values).