Enable UEFI support

TheWebExpert
TheWebExpert Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
I have a Veriton M4618G.  I have a 5TB hard drive, which required that I change from MBR to GPT; I did that, but now I need to enable UEFI support and/or secure boot so that I can install windows on it.  However, I have been unable to figure out how to do this.  There's nothing on the Internet that is useful. Help!!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    your desktop has a hybrid BIOS/EFI configuration, so it's missing a pure EFI enviroment.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    edited November 2017
    I don't know if this will work.  

1. Insert your Windows 10 installation media
    2. Install Windows 10.  Select custom installation. 
    3.  Delete all of your partitions on your HDD. This will completely wipe your drive so hopefully you already backed up any important files. 
    4.  After you successfully delete your partitions the entire disk should say "unallocated space". 
    5. Press and hold your computer's power button until your computer shuts off. 
    6. Wait 15 seconds. 
    7. Turn on your computer. 
    8. The Windows installer **should** ask you if you want EFI or non-EFI.  Select EFI
    9. Install Windows. Select custom installation.  Click on the unallocated space. Click Next and the Windows installer will automatically partition and format your HDD....and automatically install Windows ....hopefully as efi/GPT. 

Your computer doesn't support secure boot, but it might allow you to install as EFI/GPT. 
    I'm not an Acer employee.