XR382CQK - UM.TX2AA.001 vs UM.TX2AA.002 and freesync

madmaxzmadmaxz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2017 in Monitors
I just purchased a XR382CQK - UM.TX2AA.001 which states to offer adaptive sync. for use with my nvidia gtx1080. but in the onscreen monitor display settings and on the box it lists freesync. i went back to the store where i purchased and both boxes UM.TX2AA.001 and UM.TX2AA.002 list freesync not adaptive sync. i have not been able to try out a UM.TX2AA.002 to check out the on screen display settings to see if it lists freesync or adaptie sync. please advise. 

im almost wondering if the UM.TX2AA.002 is supposed to be adaptive sync and the UM.TX2AA.001 is freesync and the website description is wrong. 

thanks rick

FAQ & Answers

• madmaxzmadmaxz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Anyone know?
  • Lag1791Lag1791 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am about to buy this monitor too and realized that there are two sub models. My bet is Amazon has it right and the  
    002 is the 2nd updated model in the lineup. Makes sense right? I never seen such poor averting and documentation. I mean seriously! 

Anyway the major differences between the two are

New model had adaptive sync vs FreeSync
    What i understand is both of these are a different name for same thing. Adaptive Sync is like the generic non patented name for FreeSync. Why they changed the name who the hell knows but this is not Nvidia G-sync. This function will not work with Nvidia. Maybe they change it to be more ambiguous since more people have Nvidia cards than AMD/ATI. All I know it G-sync monitors are usually $200-300 more than the same monitor with FreeSync.

New model supposedly also has support for HDR. Is it a 10 bit panel and real HDR? I doubt it. This feature seems to be not even documented anywhere except on Amazon where they list HDR and non HDR model. Why not emphasize the hottest option in monitors this and next year? 

also new model has headphone jacks.