Switch Alpha 12 won't access internet unless plugged in.

SnakPack
SnakPack Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
I bought a Switch about 2 months ago. It worked fine for half a month. Suddenly it won't access the internet unless I have it plugged in. I tried altering power settings and anything I could find on the internet. It also makes a static noise through my earbuds and mic when it is charging. Earbuds work fine on my phone.

Answers

• P3RS0NN
    P3RS0NN Member Posts: 32 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Try reinstalling the wireless drivers, maybe it will solve the issue.

• DarkRaNgEr
    DarkRaNgEr Member Posts: 92 Fixer WiFi Icon
    SnakPack said:
    I bought a Switch about 2 months ago. It worked fine for half a month. Suddenly it won't access the internet unless I have it plugged in. I tried altering power settings and anything I could find on the internet. It also makes a static noise through my earbuds and mic when it is charging. Earbuds work fine on my phone.

Hi,

Regarding the static noise :

The static you hear is likely a ground issue though. More often than not, if you're using 3.5mm (1/8"), the problem is the cable itself. A lot of the times, 3 poles doesn't work, or 4 poles doesn't work, the difference inside the plug could literally be 1mm, and that could be what's causing it. Try using 3 pole 3.5mm and then a 4 pole 3.5mm cable.

Regarding internet connectivity issue:

It could be the main reason for the corrupted drivers. Kindly uninstall the "Qualcomm Atheros" driver for wifi from the device manager. Restart you computer and see.

Thanks And regards,

DarkRaNgEr

Thanks and Regards,

DarkRaNgEr