Acer Swift 3 SF314-51 SSD Upgrade

Options
2»

Answers

• Surazz
    Surazz Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hello Acer Community.
    Can I add HDD on Acer Swift 3 Iron Man Edition??
    At purchase time I got 256GB in it.
  • nick101992
    nick101992 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    hi can you tell me if it supports ssd m.2 2280 from 2tb? This model of western digital precisely 2 TB m.2 2280 WDS200T2B0B
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    hi can you tell me if it supports ssd m.2 2280 from 2tb? This model of western digital precisely 2 TB m.2 2280 WDS200T2B0B
    Hi,
    Maximum recommended size is 512GB, you may stretch it up to 1tb  but can not guarantee that it would work because no one else has installed 1TB drive in this model.
     https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Acer-Swift-SF314-51/41407
  • Rafikayzer
    Rafikayzer Member Posts: 22 Networker
    Options
    Hi everybody, i have this model with HDD 1To + intel optane 32Gb. Can i change my HDD to a SSD and keep the optane 32 GB. If not, is worth it to change intel optane to a SSD ? 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi everybody, i have this model with HDD 1To + intel optane 32Gb. Can i change my HDD to a SSD and keep the optane 32 GB. If not, is worth it to change intel optane to a SSD ? 
    Hi,
    Replace Intel Optane with a M.2 SSD and keep the HDD for storage.
  • Rafikayzer
    Options
    Hi,
    SDD 250go will be enough ? Or i can use even 125go? What do you think ? Thanks again. 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    SDD 250go will be enough ? Or i can use even 125go? What do you think ? Thanks again. 
    I would suggest you to go for 250GB, 128GB is OK but it will fill up quickly.
  • Rafikayzer
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi,
    What if i change my HDD with this samsung SSD sata, and i keep my intel optan for memory (not for storage) 
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    What if i change my HDD with this samsung SSD sata, and i keep my intel optan for memory (not for storage) 
    Hi,
    Intel Optane is good for accelerating slow spinner drive but I don't think you need any acceleration if you are going to install 2.5" SSD because it's already a fast drive, so in my opinion it will be waste of money using Intel Optane with a SSD.
  • Rafikayzer
    Options
    Hi,
    Hi,
    Intel Optane is good for accelerating slow spinner drive but I don't think you need any acceleration if you are going to install 2.5" SSD because it's already a fast drive, so in my opinion it will be waste of money using Intel Optane with a SSD.
    Im asking this question, because my laptop is slow sometimes, freezin also with some softwares (chrome or potplayer) , that's wy im thinkin of buyin an SSD to replace the HDD
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    Hi,
    Hi,
    Im asking this question, because my laptop is slow sometimes, freezin also with some softwares (chrome or potplayer) , that's wy im thinkin of buyin an SSD to replace the HDD
    Hi,
    I have run out of ideas, please wait for someone else to help you.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    It would be nicer to figure out why the laptop is slow first, then do an upgrade if warranted. Can you fire up Task Manager and Resource Monitor to see what's actually causing the slow down? If it's 100% Disk usage then the SSD will help, if it's running out of memory then the disk will not help so much.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AGIERYIC
    AGIERYIC Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    I have an ACER Swift 3, SF314-54G, 256GB SSD, 8GB Ram, and an i7 processor.
    I've tried for weeks to contact ACER support to no avail. Was held on hold 20 minutes each time. I've searched the internet to no avail. 
    I want to install a 1 TB SSD. I see on this site that no one has done that yet. Is there a limitation that this unit only supports 256GB and 512GB?
    If it does support a 1 TB drive, does it only support the m.2 SATA and not the NVM
  • billsey
    Options
    You should have to problem with a larger SSD in the M.2 slot, even an  NVMe version. Specs say:
    Solid state drive:
    • 512 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    • 256 GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 4 lanes, NVMe
    • 128 / 256 / 512 GB, SATA 6 Gb/s
    • 16GB, PCIe Gen3, 8 Gb/s up to 2 lanes, NVMe, supporting Intel Optane Memory
    But, of course, they only spec what they ship with and larger drives will be fine. I believe you can currently go up to 4TB in an M.2 NVMe drive. That will change in the future as bigger drives hit the market.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Horepuler94
    Horepuler94 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I am quite late in the game to reply, but yes you can. I inserted a Crucial 1 TB SSD (https://classic.prisjakt.no/product.php?p=3874259) in my old laptop before I accidentally poured hot tea on my PC. And my Swift was from 2016, so I can assure you it's possible to upgrade your SSD. The ram, however, is not possible. I am just wondering if it's possible to upgrade with a 2 TB SSD on Acer swift or other brands like Lenovo that tells you the computer is limited to 1 TB SSD. Hmm.

• billsey
    Options
    Theoretically you can put a 9,400,000,000 TB (9.4 Exabyte) disk in, but those are hard to buy still... :)