Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Swift 3 SF314-51 SSD Upgrade

s1r1uss1r1us Posts: 1Member Newbie
Hi, everyone!
Is it possible to add another SSD to the laptop? Is there a second slot for additional SSD? Or do I have to remove the 128GB SSD and put on it's place a bigger one (256 or 512GB SSD)?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 9,512 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017 Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    You need to replace the one in your laptop with a larger(either 256GB or 512GB) SSD and there's no second slot.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 9,512ACE Trailblazer
    edited November 2017 Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    You need to replace the one in your laptop with a larger(either 256GB or 512GB) SSD and there's no second slot.
  • IvyliIvyli Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

in general, it's hard to find a secondary slot on laptop. if your old disk is in a low disk space, you can clone SSD to Larger SSD.just image, if you do not play game which require a faster speed, you can clone your SSD to HDD. HDD costs you less and offer you a bigger capacity.
  • avelaavela Posts: 1Member New User
    Hello everybody...
    Is it possible to upgrade the SSD to 1TB ?
    Thanks.
    avela said:
    Hello everybody...
    Is it possible to upgrade the SSD to 1TB ?
    Thanks.

Hi,
    It might work, I have seen one of the members posting about 1TB M.2 SSD in his laptop while the recommended capacity is 512GB, I would suggest you to get the SSD from a retailer who will accept returns, if it doesn't work then return it for refund.
  • padgettpadgett Posts: 3,913ACE Pathfinder
    Just as an aside a rotating drive is doing well to run at 100-150 MB/s sequential read while the EVO SSD in my R3 shows 480MB/s. If that does not matter, rotating drives have gotten very cheap.
  • ToastSavyToastSavy Posts: 2Member New User
    Can anyone tell me what SSD bus type the sf314-51 supports (i.e. what version of m2 SSD should I buy). Am looking at the Crucial MX500 500GB M2.
    ToastSavy said:
    Can anyone tell me what SSD bus type the sf314-51 supports (i.e. what version of m2 SSD should I buy). Am looking at the Crucial MX500 500GB M2.
    Hi,
    You can use either a M.2 SATA SSD or a M.2 NVMe SSD, Crucial MX500 M.2 drive will be fine as there's not much noticeable difference between these two types of SSDs.
  • ToastSavyToastSavy Posts: 2Member New User
    ToastSavy said:
    Hi,
    You can use either a M.2 SATA SSD or a M.2 NVMe SSD, Crucial MX500 M.2 drive will be fine as there's not much noticeable difference between these two types of SSDs.
    ToastSavy said:
    ToastSavy said:
    Hi,
    You are welcome :)
  • Lurinscrude1992Lurinscrude1992 Posts: 5Member

Tinkerer

brummyfan2, What is the SSD limit of the Acer swift 3 i5-825OU with MX150? 

Hi,

Tinkerer

brummyfan2, how are you doing. 
     What is the SSD limit of the Acer swift 3 i5-825OU with Mx150? Is it 1tb?  

brummyfan2, how are you doing. 
     What is the SSD limit of the Acer swift 3 i5-825OU with Mx150? Is it 1tb?  

Hi,
    Acer recommends 512GB but larger drives may work.

Tinkerer

Hi brummyfan2 appreciate the knowledge. Can you upgrade the RAM of the 
    Acer swift 3 i5-825OU with Mx150?
    I am planning to but the iron man edition of this model. 
    Hi brummyfan2 appreciate the knowledge. Can you upgrade the RAM of the 
    Acer swift 3 i5-825OU with Mx150?
    I am planning to but the iron man edition of this model. 

Hi,
    There are no sockets available for memory upgrade and has on-board memory only.

Tinkerer

Hi,
    I understand... Is the battery replaceable on this model? Acer swift 3 i5-825OU with Mx150?
    Hi,
    I understand... Is the battery replaceable on this model? Acer swift 3 i5-825OU with Mx150?
    Yes, the battery is replaceable.

Tinkerer

Brummyfan2, 
    That is awesome, team Acer that's for sure. 
    Your awesome man. 
     B) 
    brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,

Brummyfan2, 
    That is awesome, team Acer that's for sure. 
    Your awesome man. 
     B) 
    brummyfan2 said:
    Hi,