Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Swift 3 SF314-51 SSD Upgrade

s1r1uss1r1us Posts: 1Member Newbie
Hi, everyone!
Is it possible to add another SSD to the laptop? Is there a second slot for additional SSD? Or do I have to remove the 128GB SSD and put on it's place a bigger one (256 or 512GB SSD)?

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,015 Trailblazer
    edited November 2017 Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    You need to replace the one in your laptop with a larger(either 256GB or 512GB) SSD and there's no second slot.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,015ACE Trailblazer
    edited November 2017 Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    You need to replace the one in your laptop with a larger(either 256GB or 512GB) SSD and there's no second slot.
  • IvyliIvyli Posts: 7Member

Tinkerer

in general, it's hard to find a secondary slot on laptop. if your old disk is in a low disk space, you can clone SSD to Larger SSD.just image, if you do not play game which require a faster speed, you can clone your SSD to HDD. HDD costs you less and offer you a bigger capacity.
  • avelaavela Posts: 1Member New User
    Hello everybody...
    Is it possible to upgrade the SSD to 1TB ?
    Thanks.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 8,015ACE Trailblazer
    avela said:
    Hello everybody...
    Is it possible to upgrade the SSD to 1TB ?
    Thanks.

Hi,
    It might work, I have seen one of the members posting about 1TB M.2 SSD in his laptop while the recommended capacity is 512GB, I would suggest you to get the SSD from a retailer who will accept returns, if it doesn't work then return it for refund.
  • padgettpadgett Posts: 3,894ACE Pathfinder
    Just as an aside a rotating drive is doing well to run at 100-150 MB/s sequential read while the EVO SSD in my R3 shows 480MB/s. If that does not matter, rotating drives have gotten very cheap.