Unlock Advanced Menu in Bios Acer ES1-512

Romaovito123
Romaovito123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Does anyone know how to unlock the bios of the Acer ES1-512?

if anyone knows Unlock Acer Bios ES1-512 can help me do The Unlock Advanced Menu on Bios

Answers

• bperezo
    bperezo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Aspire ES1-512 ... After a recent Microsoft Windows 10 update I have lost functionality of my touchpad. (driver is missing). I need an updated Bios (driver) or other solution to get my touchpad to respond. An answer to a newbie would be greatly appreciated. 
  • geralove89
    geralove89 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2020
    bperezo said:
    Aspire ES1-512 ... After a recent Microsoft Windows 10 update I have lost functionality of my touchpad. (driver is missing). I need an updated Bios (driver) or other solution to get my touchpad to respond. An answer to a newbie would be greatly appreciated. 
    ORIGINAL
     hola precisamente estoy teniendo el mismo problema y como veo parece ser algo generalizado has podido resolverlo, a mi la verdad no me da mucha seguridad la act de la bio.
    TRANSLATED

hello precisely I am having the same problem and as I see it seems to be something generalized you have been able to solve it, to my truth the act of the bio does not give me much security.

Edited the thread by translating from Spanish to English

Acer-Samuel

• MikeDK
    MikeDK Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

It works perfect on my ES1-512-C60S 😉
    follow this guide 😉

I had the exact same issue here, the EFI shell provided there doesn't seem to work on that model. Just like you, I got a black screen when trying to boot it. I've found a working EFI shell with the setup_var command here that served the exact same purpose as the one previously linked.
    1. Open the linked file in your favorite archival program and extract the BOOTx64.EFI.
    2. Take a FAT32 USB key (you can easily format it if needed) and put the file in EFI\BOOT. You will need to create this directory structure first.
    3. Keep the USB plugged in and boot to your BIOS. This is usually achievable by pressing F1 or F2 at boot. I'm not sure which key this model uses, as I usually just keep pressing both.
    4. When in your BIOS, go to the MAIN tab and turn on the F12 boot menu.
    5. Go to the SECURITY tab and press Enter on "Select an UEFI file as trusted for executing". This might not appear if you don't have a supervisor password set! Set one now!
    6. Use the arrow keys to select the drive the file resides on. This will usually be a USB device.
    7. Follow EFI>Boot>BOOTX64.EFI using your arrow keys.
    8. Set the name to whatever you want and select YES.
    9. Press F10 to save and exit.
    10. When the computer reboots, keep hitting F12 until you are in your boot menu.
    11. Use the arrow keys to select the entry that you've just created. It should have the same name.
    12. You will appear in a console. When there, please execute setup_var 0x258 0x01.
    13. Upon executing the command, type reboot and hit enter.
    14. To test if it worked, keep hitting F1/F2 when booting.
      You will know it worked when you see an ADVANCED tab added to your BIOS interface.
    Tell me how that works out for you! 
  • MikeDK

Tinkerer

When you are done it will look like this 😉
    https://imgur.com/a/Jjb7DtI
  • MikeDK

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    Hope you can do it 👍
  • MikeDK

Tinkerer

Remember!
    If you 'Load Setup Default' in your bios after you have unlocked the advanced section. The advanced section disapper and you have to unlock it again 😉
  • MikeDK

Tinkerer

edited June 2020
    bperezo said:
    ORIGINAL
     hola precisamente estoy teniendo el mismo problema y como veo parece ser algo generalizado has podido resolverlo, a mi la verdad no me da mucha seguridad la act de la bio.
    TRANSLATED

hello precisely I am having the same problem and as I see it seems to be something generalized you have been able to solve it, to my truth the act of the bio does not give me much security.

Edited the thread by translating from Spanish to English

Acer-Samuel

My touchpad works perfect and the driver from Acer Download have been workin on all my Windows 10 home and pro x64 version 1903/1909 and the newest 2004.

My bluetooth and mt wifi card suddenly stopped working in Win 10 home and pro version 1903 and 1909 then i tryed several wifi/bluetooth cards but there was failure and errors in win 10 1903 and 1909 so none of the cards i tryed was working with both bluetooth and wifi only the wifi funktion worked but after i updated to Windows 10 x64 pro version 2004 in May 2020 i tryed the original bluetooth and wifi card again and wupti it worked again with the drivers from Acer, but i found newer drivers bluetooth driver from 2018 and wifi driver from 2019 so now my Laptop is original again. Except for the new ssd 500gb hd and the 8GB DDR3 ram i upgradet. Now it runs much better than it has ever done before 🙂

The conclusion was that Windows 10 x64 pro version 1903 and 1909 was Fu*ked up and it fu*ked up many laptops all over the world.

Credit for this S*it goes to Microsoft for making some really fu*ked up s*it. 😉
  • jai3
    jai3 Member Posts: 3 New User
    MikeDK said:
    It works perfect on my ES1-512-C60S 😉
    follow this guide 😉

I had the exact same issue here, the EFI shell provided there doesn't seem to work on that model. Just like you, I got a black screen when trying to boot it. I've found a working EFI shell with the setup_var command here that served the exact same purpose as the one previously linked.
    1. Open the linked file in your favorite archival program and extract the BOOTx64.EFI.
    2. Take a FAT32 USB key (you can easily format it if needed) and put the file in EFI\BOOT. You will need to create this directory structure first.
    3. Keep the USB plugged in and boot to your BIOS. This is usually achievable by pressing F1 or F2 at boot. I'm not sure which key this model uses, as I usually just keep pressing both.
    4. When in your BIOS, go to the MAIN tab and turn on the F12 boot menu.
    5. Go to the SECURITY tab and press Enter on "Select an UEFI file as trusted for executing". This might not appear if you don't have a supervisor password set! Set one now!
    6. Use the arrow keys to select the drive the file resides on. This will usually be a USB device.
    7. Follow EFI>Boot>BOOTX64.EFI using your arrow keys.
    8. Set the name to whatever you want and select YES.
    9. Press F10 to save and exit.
    10. When the computer reboots, keep hitting F12 until you are in your boot menu.
    11. Use the arrow keys to select the entry that you've just created. It should have the same name.
    12. You will appear in a console. When there, please execute setup_var 0x258 0x01.
    13. Upon executing the command, type reboot and hit enter.
    14. To test if it worked, keep hitting F1/F2 when booting.
      You will know it worked when you see an ADVANCED tab added to your BIOS interface.
    Tell me how that works out for you! 

MikeDK
    Hi MikeDK,
    I am a noob with this but I want to unlock the advanced bios section of my Aspire 5 A515-43 so that I can configure my video ram for Vega graphics
    1) Can you pls tell me if this method will work with my laptop's "insydeH20 bios" v1.07 as well or not..? Is this a generic method?
    2) How much risk is involved..?
    Thanks in advance..!!