Warranty Void

meneedlowping
meneedlowping Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
hello all, pc is - g3 710 Acer predator desktop from Costco.

Question, how will/do I know if this desktop’s warranty will be voided if by opening the case chassis? I read that many Acer computers have warranty’s that will be voided by the user simply openeing the side panel. If so , would the void warranty sign/sticker be visible or would it be in the panel revealing itself after you open it? Or where on the unit itself or box packaging would it state this? Thanks in advanced. And if anyone has official documentation saying that it will please provide :)

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    normally, if there's no sticker on the case panel, you will not void any warranty opening.
    I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• meneedlowping
    anyone?     BUMP
  • IronFly
    Answer ✓
    normally, if there's no sticker on the case panel, you will not void any warranty opening.
  • meneedlowping
    IronFly said:
    Hello! thank you for your response. Well here is the kicker, it was a floor unit(last one in stock). so a lot of the things that should come with the h it like hdmi plastic caps and display port plastics caps to cover the inputs were not there, as well as front panel for expansion bay being broken. Therefor I have no way of really k owing if there was  ever a warranty sticker on the case. Would it not be on the inside of the case?
  • IronFly
    never heard about internal case stickers, so i would not worry about it.