Predator Sense shows gpu idle!

nypd1996
nypd1996 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Predator Sense shows gpu idle even though the gpu is working! How do i resolve it?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    laptop model?
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • jej2
    jej2 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

same issue here all of a sudden. G3-571
  • yes and a screenshot of Predator Sense could be helpfull. You mean it only displays 900mhz or nothing?
  • conea
    conea Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem! Any fix yet?
  • Rbd0728
    Rbd0728 Member Posts: 3 New User
    If you right click on a blank space on your desktop, you will see a button saying "NVIDIA Control Panel" Click it and you will see three links on the side. Click "Manage 3D Settings" and then make sure it's set to auto-select for Global Settings, then go to Program Settings, and search a program you need to use your graphics card on (such as a graphics intensive game), then click "High-Performance NVIDIA Processor" You want to use your integrated graphics, the graphics on your cpu, for everyday tasks such as browsing, browser games, youtube, most programs such as photoshop, and then your dedicated graphics (1060) on demanding games such as CS:GO, Gta V, Rainbow Six Siege, Overwatch, etc. You want to do this so as not to wear out your integrated graphics as well as to not wear down your dedicated graphics. I hope this helps, please tell me if it didn't so that I can give you more advice, anyone who's having this issue.
  • sherpagoodness
    sherpagoodness Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Go into the nvidia control panel like Rbd0728 is referring to then click on manage 3d settings on the left, choose the program settings tab, then pick the predator sense application, then choose the preferrred graphics processor as the nvidia. launch predator sense and it should show the temp and usage for the card now!!!
  • asimgok
    asimgok Member Posts: 20 Networker
    you guys all misunderstood the issue... the issue isn't the gpu working or not. it works but predator sense doesnt show it, he says. 

as for the solution did you change anything like disabling hybernation or maybe do you use msi afterburner while this is happening? i've also had this issue several times and frankly i dont exactly remember how i solved it. i guess it was solved by itself. just think that if you have done anything about windows and if you did such a thing try reversing it and see if it works.
  • Saxoman
    Saxoman Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    have the same issue
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    The NVidia GPU is idle highly likely due to the integrated Intel GPU being in use, I've another notebook that does exactly the same.  The NVidia GPU will fire up once an application requires the additional performance just how the system works under NVidia Optimus. Nothing to fix here :) open a game and run it windowed, you'll see the NVidia GPU fire right up in PredatorSense.

Q-6
  • Deltatech
    Deltatech Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

G3-571 Same issue, Executed Guildwars 2, Fallout 4 in windowed mode and still reported Dedicated Gpu as Idle. I'm executing on an External 4k Monitor @ 3840x2160, Nvidia Control Panel is set to only use the dedicated.
    I noticed this problem after a windows update a few days ago.
  • Deltatech
    Deltatech Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

G3-571 Same issue, Executed Guildwars 2, Fallout 4 in windowed mode and still reported Dedicated Gpu as Idle. I'm executing on an External 4k Monitor @ 3840x2160, Nvidia Control Panel is set to only use the dedicated.
    I noticed this problem after a windows update a few days ago.
  • Queen6
    Queen6 Member Posts: 319 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Only thing I can think of is to reinstall PredatorSense, as last Windows update my have broken it.

Q-6
  • jccatt
    jccatt Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a Predator PH315-51 a day old and the GPU is now idle all the time in Predator Sense.  Running Windows 10.0.17134. Worked yesterday.  Re installed, running game windowed and no change.