Helios 300 not turning on

Vaffel
Vaffel Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
Hi, I just bought Acer predator helios 300, plugged it in,battery indicator shows orange light,but unlikely pressing power button doesnt do anything. Any ideas?

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    edited November 2017
    Perform a battery reset. Here is how. If it doesn't work, then contact your retailer and return the unit.

Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• Cocojambo29
    Cocojambo29 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi everyone ! I got an acer predator helios 300 as a present for my birthday, used it for les than 4 hours... powerd it up yesterday, got my password in and after it just shut down suddenly. Tried to power up again and the keyboard blinked a bit but didn't turned on. Tried battery reset and other things but nothing. After closing the lid on opened it a few times, i pressed the power button and boom the keyboard lights up, i can hear the hdd working but it didn't get to boot up because smoke started coming out from the top left corner of the laptop( not form the display lid). Tomorrow i am taking it to the shop. 
  • Kendrinno19
    Kendrinno19 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi everyone, I’m from Tanzania 🇹🇿 I bought acer predator Helios 300 in HongKong a almost five months ago.
    A couple of days ago , I tried to turn the Notebook on but unfortunately the screen just stayed black although the keyboard lighted up. Then I connected an external monitor but it still wouldn’t show any sign of functioning. I’m very disappointed and don’t know what to do since there’s no any acer store nearby here. Any ideas what I should do?? Thanks