My acer nitro 5 is having very high temperatures while gaming even after undervolt,pls help.

AvikDe
AvikDe Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
edited March 2018 in Nitro Gaming
My acer nitro 5 with gtx 1050 ti and i5 7300 HQ (ram upgraded to 16 gb ) is having very high temperatures while gaming even after undervolting my CPU. The temperatures are spiking to abnormally to 80 degree celsius or sometime even more than 90 degree celsius. PLease help what to do to reduce temperature.

Answers

• SavioGeorge
    SavioGeorge Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Did you try enabling Cool Boost? it's the green Acer icon that opens up an app to enable blue light and also has an option to ramp up the fans by activating cool boost.
  • SavioGeorge

Tinkerer

> @SavioGeorge said:
    > Did you try enabling Cool Boost? it's the green Acer icon that opens up an app to enable blue light and also has an option to ramp up the fans by activating cool boost.

Correction : " Acer App Icon "
  • AvikDe
    Yeah even with coolboost on it is going so high.thats why i am worried. Do you know a way to sort it out?
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    If your average temperature is around 85C, then it is fine. You never look at max temperatures as they can last for a fraction of a second.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• AvikDe
    Previously even with overclocking the cpu temperatures hardly touched 80 and even then most is like 85 but now even with overclocking off,temperatures are spiking to 90 degrees even which is worrisome considering I have already undervolted my CPU to prevent excess heating
  • AvikDe
    Also another thing,how to make sure that coolboost is actually working or not? In quick acess I have turned on coolboost but I have removed literally all acer apps except coolboost so not sure if coolboost is ok or not
  • Juan1234
    Juan1234 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Just repast, I repast and undervolt and now my max temp in 74
  • AvikDe
    one thing it is tougher to repaste the thermal paste on laptop cpu than desktop cpu and another thing  I brought it on this August,so if I repaste it now,it will void my acer warranty.So any other solution you can offer?any software to ramp my fans up or any software to optimise temp?
  • vivarey
    vivarey Member Posts: 2 New User
    Juan1234 said:
    even in heavy gaming like 4hrs straight playing on med settings you got that temp?
  • Juan1234

Tinkerer

vivarey said:
    Juan1234 said:
    even in heavy gaming like 4hrs straight playing on med settings you got that temp?
    yeah, playing gta 5 almost all in high or very high, i use artic silver 5 and urder
  • Juan1234

Tinkerer

and undervolt by -0.130 with Intel xtu
  • SavioGeorge

Tinkerer

Guys i need your help, i need a link where i can download the cool boost plugin as it's missing from the official download (Acer Quick Access) , i installed a fresh copy of windows 10 on my laptop. Appreciate your help guys thanks.
  • utterbutter
    utterbutter Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    My V15 Nitro with gtx 1060 also reaches max temps(98 degrees) with undervolting set to -0.120V while playing Far Cry 4, a 3 year old game. Is it common to all laptops of the same model that my laptop's cooling system is so inadequate??? I have already set CoolBoost to on.
  • Mamta
    Mamta Member Posts: 1 New User
    Juan1234 said:
    and undervolt by -0.130 with Intel xtu   So you undervolted your i5 7300hq by -0.130 and repasted with Arctic silver 5 and now you are getting temperature of around 74... For long gaming session.... 

• ItsLazarRNG
    ItsLazarRNG Member Posts: 1 New User
    Can anyone please help me i bought my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-51 about 3 months ago certified refurbished on amazon.
    The temps are getting very high 80 C on average and 94 max (before having Coolboost enabled). Now that i have coolboost enabled i am getting an average of 76 C and maximum of 80 which is still terrifying as it shouldnt be that high. These are CPU temps..... GPU temps also rise to around 76....
    My spec is:_ I5 7300HQ
    GTX 1050 TI
    Please help me guys also if its the thermal paste plz recommend a thermal paste as well......
  • cosmo3400
    cosmo3400 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I use the Acer nitro 5 2020 version with the specs:
    8GB ram
    i5 10th gen
    1650 ti

and I have noticed the spike in thermals while charging and playing, even when I play GTA 5 the temp rises to 90 degrees in 10-20 minutes (in very high settings),  BUT WHILE GAMING WITHOUT CHARGING  it does not go above 70 degrees with 40-50 fps.

is it normal !!! need help