Acer R11 Chromebook lock screen with blurry boxes that prevent seeing me log in

orifdoc
orifdoc Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Don't know why my previous thread was closed but...

Title says it all. The 4 blurry boxes make it impossible see what is happening. When I type in my password, I can get through and the chromebook works fine. How do I make it so I see the login screen?

Changing the background does not help.

Here is a picture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jaUgIzUaryI7rWCJ2

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Please attach image here if you can. Thanks. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• orifdoc
    don't know how. I've tried.

[img]https://photos.app.goo.gl/jaUgIzUaryI7rWCJ2[/img]
  • JackE
    Has this always been like this? Or did it start after an update or some other changes that were made? Or did it just start happening unexpectedly? Jack E/Nj

Jack E/NJ

• orifdoc
    It's brand new. Been doing it from day one. Doesn't always do it and therefore I know what is behind the blurry boxes.

Appreciate your help
  • JackE

>>>It's brand new. Been doing it from day one. >>>

OK. After shutting down, remove the charger plug. The press and hold the power button for 5 to 10 seconds. No LEDs should be lit after this. Then replace the charger. Press the power button one time and immediately start tapping the F2 key till the BIOS menu appears. Then simply press F10 to save settings and exit. If the blurriness happens again after this, don't delay, return the machine to the vendor for a new replacement or get warranty service ASAP. Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• jamesfall
    jamesfall Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi

I've got the exact same problem as above. It happened after a ChromeOS update. I've had the Chromebook for about 6 months and been fine until the recent update.
    JackE, your solution is a solution for a Windows laptop and does not apply to ChromeOs.
  • JackE

BIOS menu access should be OS-independent. Try it anyway. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• orifdoc
    Appreciate your attempt to help, but chromebooks don't have F (Function) keys.
  • JackE

Sorry. You can try to re-set to factory default using this link https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27649/p/6996

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Busteacher
    Busteacher Member Posts: 1 New User
    We have 1,000 R-11's in our school district and are seeing the same issue - sporadically and across the latest ChromeOS versions - 60, 61, 62. Have not been able to identify it, but it is random. Getting 5-20 per day - different devices.
  • JackE
    If the re-set doesn't fix the issue, get warranty service before it expires. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• orifdoc
    Exchanged it for a new chromebook and the problem persists......