Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Acer Predator G3-572 webcam not detected

WIerzbaWIerzba Posts: 2Member New User
edited October 2017 in Predator Laptops
Hello,

I bought my laptop a month ago. Last week it started behaving strangely during hangout video calls on Chrome - webcam started turning on & off randomly. Today during a video call I was completely unable to turn on the webcam because Chrome displayed warning that there is no webcam detected.

1. I tried restarting the browser & laptop. I also tried using the incognito mode in Chrome.
2. I checked the Windows Privacy camera settings - everyting was fine.
3. I checked the device manager - Webcam HD was greyed and in the properties I found "error 45". I tried to update the drivers, but it seems that my drivers were up-to-date.
4. I checked the Acer drivers page for this model, but I was unable to find the dedicated drivers. When I tried to install the chipset drivers I got a message that I've got later driver installed.
5. Finally I removed the Webcam HD in the device manager & restarted the laptop for the driver to be automatically reinstalled but it didn'w work - the Webcam is no longer visible in the device manager. When I try to update the drivers I still get the message that chipset is up-to-date.

BTW, when I open up Windows Camera application the webcam starts working (only in this application).

Is there anything I can do other than reverting the laptop to factory settings? I'm not sure if this would help and the error 45 wouldn't show up in the (near) future.

FAQ & Answers

• nz1otternz1otter Posts: 3Member New User
    I have just completed a windows update, I now have the same problem

• abhishekkalraabhishekkalra Posts: 11Member

Tinkerer

I would recommend you to install Device Doctor and check if there is any webcam related software update. 

Let me know then
  • sri369sri369 Posts: 1,786ACE Pathfinder
    Did you try in any other browser? Maybe its a problem with your Chrome installation? Try removing Chrome completely, and installing again.
    Karma...
    LIKE - if helpful
    ACCEPT - if helped resolve
    ---------
    I am not an Acer employee.
    Your issue could get better coverage and more answers if posted in forums than in a message to me.

---------
    User benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/10977437

• WIerzbaWIerzba Posts: 2Member New User
    sri369 said:
    Did you try in any other browser? Maybe its a problem with your Chrome installation? Try removing Chrome completely, and installing again.
    Well, the webcam is completely dead. I noticed that it might be a problem with wiring (when i moved the screen forward & backward the camera was turning on for a few seconds). I just bought new external camera and it solved the problem.