Helios 300 PH317-51-78SZ HDD Caddy for european resident

zut72
zut72 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2018 Archives
Hello, I'm from Italy
just bought my Helios 300 PH317-51-78SZ (1 SDD 500gb only) a few days ago online from Germany and waiting for it to arrive...My intention was to install immedeatly my own HDD 1T 7200rpm in empty HD slot once it gets here but........
AM I GOING TO MISS THE HD Caddy and cable too???
I tried asking the vendor, but he hasn't responded yet, he might not even know.
What should i do if the notebook is missing the HD mounting kit? I've read that US/Canadian residents can requst one, but for us european clients?
PLEASE INFO

Best Answer

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    Answer ✓

Hi zut72

Yes, most definitely we can help you with that. Once you receive the unit, please send me a PM with the serial number and all information (address, name etc.) and we will ship the parts to that address and they could then send it to your destination.

Best regards,

Acer-Manny

Answers

• zut72

Tinkerer

I might as well report this for other european users/potential buyers, vendor from Germany has responded....

"that is a real big problem indeed, unfortunately the devices we had in our assembly unit for upgrades all were missing both parts, no cable and no caddy inside. Since Acer is not offering a spare-part-sale it's almost impossible to get the parts, i'm sorry if that disappoints you but it's the sad truth :-("

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS....... You mean even if i'm willing to buy the spare parts of the MISSING caddy and cable for a NEW LAPTOP there is no way for european users to get them???? C'mon ACER this is rediculous... If so, i'm sending back the laptop the same day it arrives without even opening the box!
  • Manny-Acer_Retired

Hi zut72,

If your location is in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country. If an physical address in the US or Canada can be provided, we will ship the parts to that address and they would then be responsible for mailing the parts to your current location, at your expense.  

Note: Unfortunately we do not deliver packages to freight forwarder's addresses.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Acer-Manny  

• zut72

Tinkerer

> @Acer-Manny said:
    > Hi zut72,
    >
    >  
    >
    > If your location is
    > in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical
    > support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country. If an physical address
    > in the US or Canada can be provided, we will ship the parts to that address and
    > they would then be responsible for mailing the parts to your current location,
    > at your expense.  
    >
    >  
    >
    > Note: Unfortunately
    > we do not deliver packages to freight forwarder's addresses.
    >
    >  
    >
    > We apologize for any
    > inconveniences this may cause.
    >
    > Acer-Manny  

Thank you, I have already contacted acer italy, but we need to wait for the laptop to arrive for machine serial number.
    If i have problems ordering through acer italy, can i request the caddy and cable via chat giving one of my relatives address in canada, so they recieve them and ship them to me?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Answer ✓

Hi zut72

Yes, most definitely we can help you with that. Once you receive the unit, please send me a PM with the serial number and all information (address, name etc.) and we will ship the parts to that address and they could then send it to your destination.

Best regards,

Acer-Manny

• alex_bb23
    alex_bb23 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2017
    Helle Acer-Manny,

My name is Alexandru Barbulescu and I live in Romania, Bucharest.
    I just made a order for 17" model and I wondering if can be add the second drive... I saw a lot of people who complain about missing cable and caddy drive. 

After I will get the product and and let's say I realize the drive kit for second drive is missing, can I send you a PM message with the serial number and all informations (address, name, etc.)?

Thank you!

P.S If this can not be possible, maybe can be  shipped to my sister in Richmond, Virginia?
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Hi alex_bb23,

I can send it to your sister in Richmond, Virginia and she will be then responsible to send it to you. Please send me a PM message with the serial number of the unit and your sister information:

Phone number:
    Address:
    Email:
    Name:

Thanks,
    Acer-Manny 
  • zut72

Tinkerer

zut72 said:
    Hello, I'm from Italy
    just bought my Helios 300 PH317-51-78SZ (1 SDD 500gb only) a few days ago online from Germany
    What should i do if the notebook is missing the HD mounting kit? I've read that US/Canadian residents can requst one, but for us european clients?
    PLEASE INFO
    UPDATE:
    So i contacted Acer Itaky once the laptop arrived.
    I had to send it immediatly in assistance because the screen panel had a very very bad backlight bleeding, so i also asked for the spare parts (caddy and cable). They will install them for me, and the parts will cost me €15.
    Sent the notebook in assistance the 9th of novembre, still waiting.
  • Makkiiee
    Makkiiee Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi zut72,

If your location is in another region than US or Canada, would need to contact your local technical support to inquire about ordering these parts in your country. If an physical address in the US or Canada can be provided, we will ship the parts to that address and they would then be responsible for mailing the parts to your current location, at your expense.  

Note: Unfortunately we do not deliver packages to freight forwarder's addresses.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause.

Acer-Manny  

Hello Manny ! could you please contact me, I just got a Acer Predator Helios in Sweden, and I got the same problem.
    Missing the Hdd cabel and Bracket, but I got a friend in  San Francisco who can send me it to me if you can send the parts to him.