Can I upgrade the cpu in my E5-575G-57D4 laptop??

Options
JohnFig
JohnFig Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 2018 in Aspire Laptops
I need some one to advise me on this issue

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    No, the CPU in your model is soldered to the motherboard.
  • ReCu
    ReCu Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    how about acer e5-575g-32bh?
  • brummyfan2
    Options
    ReCu said:
    how about acer e5-575g-32bh?

Hi,
    CPU upgrades are not possible in laptops  with Ultra Low Power CPUs, for example the letter "U" denotes ultra low power CPU in i5-6200u.
  • ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    All E5-575Gs have the same motherboards. The last four digits indicate the laptop's configuration, for example the amount of ram and storage installed. All e5-575g are with soldered cpus.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• RandomAcerUser
    RandomAcerUser Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I know this is an old comment but i had the same question, and I now know that its soldered onto the motherboard.  Is it possible to remove the solder and re-solder the new processor onto the motherboard?  I do have experience soldering, (mostly xbox' and random junk) but I need to know if its possible/safe to do it on the laptop.
  • ven98
    Options
    It isn't possible to unsolder the CPU, as it is a part of the motherboard itself.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

• RandomAcerUser
    RandomAcerUser Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    So if I wanted to upgrade the CPU I would have to upgrade the motherboard along with it?  Which motherboards are better than the one already installed and are compatible with Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG?  If this is a question that needs some research then I'm happy to do it myself, just wondering if you know already.  I would appreciate some recommendations (websites and such) before I get started on the research.
  • ven98
    Options
    Most likely(99.9%) there aren't any other compatible motherboards with this case, plus it is pointless in my opinion to change the mb, as it is better to just buy a new laptop. The GPU is also soldered.
    -Model number
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

• Trhax
    Trhax Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Hi, can i upgrade the cpu on my E5-575G-550D ?
  • johnhzn
    johnhzn Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    575G-57D4 I can never get any help here, but I have no where else to go. Hey ACER Can I get the builders manual to install a new Bluetooth/lan card, Can I know where the com card is? I just want to know where it is, what and where to start. Thank you if possible??????????