UNABLE TO RESTORE ASPIRE ONE CLOUDBOOK 14 (Windows 10)

77WOODS
77WOODS Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 18 in 2020 Archives
I'm selling my Cloudbook and decided to restore it to factory settings. I booted to alt + F10 and followed the on screen instructions. The restore commenced and ran up to 62% where it froze for a considerable length of time when it errored. The machine now refuses to boot up even in safe mode and all attempts to repair or restore fail. Please help.

Best Answer

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

The "Security Boot Fail" Means the ISO's UEFI signature does not match the signatures in the BIOS UEFI library. First thing I would try is to Restore Secure Boot to... (F2 during boot select the Security tab & scroll down - may need to add a system password)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

1) download a windows 10 iso using Microsof tool:
    select the proper windows 10 version (the same installed on your laptop) and choose to save it as iso file when prompted
    2) download Rufus:
    plug your USB flash drive, run Rufus then:
    select ISO image from the dropdown menu near "Create a bootable disk"
    click on the little icon on the right and browse to the windows 10 downloaded iso file
    as  Partitions scheme select "GPT partition scheme for UEFI"
    as File system select "FAT32"
    click on Start
    wait until it finish, then uplug your USB flash drive
    3) backup all your personal data
    4) Reboot to BIOS, pressing F2 at boot, then press F9 to load default and F10 to save and exit
    5) plug your USB flash drive and at boot press F12 (if F12 doesn't work, see if it auto-recognise the USB flash drive or press F2 to enter BIOS and enable F12 boot menu under BOOT tab), choose the USB flash drive as bootable device
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • trancesource
    trancesource Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited February 2018
    Hello IronFly,

It's booting and there is a screenshot "Security Boot Fail". When I've called to Acer Support in my country they've said that if the laptop is freezin in 62% it means that emc card where you loading the recovery system from is not working and you need to send it to them.

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

The "Security Boot Fail" Means the ISO's UEFI signature does not match the signatures in the BIOS UEFI library. First thing I would try is to Restore Secure Boot to... (F2 during boot select the Security tab & scroll down - may need to add a system password)

• trancesource
    trancesource Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you :), that helped.
  • Chatterbox73
    Chatterbox73 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi I am having the same problem as the first person, except I tried to restore mine a 2nd time & it failed again. I had to leave the house and when I came back & tried to turn it on it had a black screen with a warning message in a blue box something about a TPI?? I think, it said “select yes to delete or no to cancel”. I selected No as I didn’t know what it meant & sounded scary. 
    Now my cloudbook flashes up the “acer explore beyond limits” start up screen on constant roll over & won’t do anything else. 

I have sold this & need help urgently! What do I do please!?? 
  • sdfrazier1010
    sdfrazier1010 Member Posts: 2 New User
    i am having the same problem. I was told to try to reinstall drivers/windows 10 via flash drive and was planning to try this today until i found this website. Now, i'm not sure.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    @sdfrazier1010 you likely should start a new thread for your issue. If it had been exactly the same as the original post resetting the Secure Boot in BIOS would have fixed it for you. Make sure to include your full model number, which OS you are running and any diagnosis you have done so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.