SP315-51 Backlit keyboard timeout issue

wkh3
wkh3 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
A few moments ago, I contacted customer support about the short 15 second timeout on my Acer Spin 3 backlit keyboard. I know there are others with the same issue and felt I would provide an update.

Here's the response from Customer Support: My apologies but, unfortunately there is no option to extend the time for the backlit to be on when not using the keyboard (or when using it) that timeframe is automatic and cannot be changed ... my apologies, that is not considered an issue since the computer is doing what is suppose to do, we do not have any information regarding the backlit time off getting extended in newer models. My apologies, but I cannot answer that question

When I asked if the timeout issue could be escalated, the answer was: I will create a note regarding this, but cannot promise anything ... you can use this link to submit a complain https://community.acer.com/en/

Thus my posting this. If anyone has discovered a backdoor method to extend the 15 second keyboard back lighting issue, I know myself and others would like to know how.

Answers

• sijray21
    sijray21 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2019
    Hey Acer - just got this new Nitro 5. The Keyboard goes dark way too quickly. I had a few Lenovos in the past where the backlit keyboard was advertised and stayed on the entire time (only when plugged in was fine or if it's somehow tied to the power settings). Not having the short timeout being adjustable in a ridiculous oversight and needs to be changed. At the very least if the mouse is moving there is clearly not an idle user, so why does it the keyboard back lighting go dark so quickly? poor DEV decision in my opinion.

i'm another customer who is not happy with this and given the small differences between competing brands it could be the irritating tipping point. i switched away from makes due to trackpad placements and other smaller irritations...