Predator Helios 300 G3-571 keyboard issue some keys don't work until a while the laptop is turn on.

lmorales
lmorales Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in Predator Laptops

Recently I purchased a Predator G3-571 but when I restart or suspend the laptop some keys don't work until a while after the laptop is turned on. I would like to know if someone know what can I do about that... I didn't purchase a fast machine to wait for the keyboard works.

Thanks in advice

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title and to add issue detail]

Answers

• Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Is your BIOS fully updated?

• lmorales

It wasn't I just updated. Will comment tomorrow if the problem is solved.

• lmorales
    I still have the problem. I'm not sure what to do because warranty said it's about drivers but the problem isn't fixed...
  • Try this:
    1. Right click the start button, and open Device Manager.
    2. Under Keyboards (Ignore HID Keyboard Device.), you should see a couple options. I see "Standard PS/2 Keyboard." Right-click this and choose "Uninstall Device."
    3. Restart your laptop.

Windows will reinstall the driver for your keyboard. Let us know if this works.

Skelo
    Please quote me so I get a notification of your reply!
    If I helped you, like my post and/or select my post as 'Solved'.
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

Product: Acer Predator Helios 300
    Model: G3-571
    "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened."
    - Dr. Seuss
  • lmorales
    Thanks.It didn't work
  • What keys are not working? Can we get some more specific information and I will try to reproduce it on my laptop.

Skelo
    Please put your laptop model in your signature so we can know what device you have.

- Dr. Seuss
  • lmorales
    The most annyoing keys are "V", "B" and space, I noticed the same with Down arrow
  • lmorales
    At this point (and I have never heard about something like that before) seems like keyboard needs to warm up before work correctly. Is that even possible?
  • That don't sound possible for only some keys to not work. Either there is software on your pc that is controlling those keys specifically and locking them up, or the keyboard is wacky/bad.

Try running the Power Troubleshooter that is built into Windows. Maybe the power plan is corrupt in some way? 

Skelo

- Dr. Seuss
  • Ahmed_Taha
    Ahmed_Taha Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am 100% sure this is hardware problem, i had same problem keyboard needs sometime to fully function, the problem is that keyboard cable connected to motherboard and held by weak part so it is not holding the cable well, unscrew your laptop and stick the cable to motherboard hard then tape it to prevent the cable from getting out after that your keyboard will function and you will not need to wait all keys will be working 
  • TriforceFusion
    TriforceFusion Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have this issue as well. I don't know if I feel comfortable will "taping" connections inside the laptop. I hope someone from Acer replies to this. I don't want to have to plug in a keyboard to use my laptop.... kinda defeats the whole purpose. My keyboard loses functionality for many keys: E, M, numeric keypad 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 9, and those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. And yes it seems like it starts to work after a while. 
    Also the trackpad seems like it might have a click-issue, so now I'm just using taps. So I suppose that is an easy and acceptable workaround, but it sucks to get a brandnew machine and have it already have issues. 
  • SushrutRP
    SushrutRP Member Posts: 2 New User
    My Acer predator Helios 300 keyboard has completely stopped working... device manager shows hardware may be damaged...plz provide solution for this urgently!!
  • SushrutRP
    SushrutRP Member Posts: 2 New User
    Windows cannot start this hardware device because it's configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Plz provide solution for this urgently!!!
  • pratikg1999
    pratikg1999 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My predator G3-572 KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING AT ALL. Under device manager, keyboards section is not there. When I select show hidden devices under view menu, and then viewing the keyboard section, "Standard PS2 keyboard" is not there. Please provide a solution.
  • pratikg1999
    pratikg1999 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Try this:
    1. Right click the start button, and open Device Manager.
    2. Under Keyboards (Ignore HID Keyboard Device.), you should see a couple options. I see "Standard PS/2 Keyboard." Right-click this and choose "Uninstall Device."
    3. Restart your laptop.

Windows will reinstall the driver for your keyboard. Let us know if this works.

Skelo
    My predator G3-572 KEYBOARD IS NOT WORKING AT ALL. Under device manager, keyboards section is not there. When I select show hidden devices under view menu, and then viewing the keyboard section, "Standard PS2 keyboard" is not there. Please provide a solution
  • JMichEvans
    JMichEvans Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I had the same issue with my Acer Predator G3-571 a few days after purchasing it; T, U, P, ], and a few others were unresponsive unless I pushed down hard enough (though they responded normally most of the time if I did not exert pressure on the base of the laptop). After uninstalling/reinstalling the keyboard driver, updating the BIOS, and performing a hard reset via the battery reset pin, I finally fixed the problem by tightening the ribbon cable connecting the keyboard to the motherboard.

More than likely, a loose connection between the ribbon cable and the keyboard is the culprit behind the problem. If you're not comfortable diagnosing your computer and performing that fix if necessary, contact Acer support or an otherwise certified technician.

<I'm-not-an-Acer-employee>
  • sumit47
    sumit47 Member Posts: 1 New User
    lmorales said:
    The most annyoing keys are "V", "B" and space, I noticed the same with Down arrow

I'm having the exact same problem, the keys "V","B","Ctrl","Down","Space" are not working. but sometimes they magically start working again all of em at the same time for a brief period of time

• ProteinCactus
    ProteinCactus Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought a Helios 300 about 9 months ago. During the first week the PC would just freez without notice. Only way to get it working again was to press the reset pin about 5 times a day everytime it happed. I sent the laptop to your repair center where they fixed the problem but also replaced my 120Hz display with a 60Hz display.

I always thought the PC's Temps where high but just accepted it as is was. This week my CPU Temps shot up to 98 degrees when there was only 35% to 40% load on it.

I decided to open up the PC to see what's going on. I was SHOCKED! Thermal Paste application on my Helios 300 was terrible! I opened it up today and was shocked to see a huge blob that covered the entire CPU and GPU overflowing completely and even covering some of the pins on the side.

This is supposed to be a great gaming laptop but due to your horrific incompetence during the assembly process it is the exact opposite. I expected much better.

I'll be fix this on my own and then sell the laptop ASAP . When you want anything done right, do it yourself.

Therefor after this experience I am incredibly disappointed in the brand and the company. This is the last time I am ever buying a Acer product.
  • terrellpugh
    terrellpugh Member Posts: 3 New User
    Was there ever a fix for this issue? I am having the exact same problem. Spacebar, v, b down arrow not working. Also noticed 6 key not working on the numeric pad (num lock area). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Using Helios PH317-51
  • terrellpugh
    terrellpugh Member Posts: 3 New User
    lmorales said:
    Was there ever a fix for this issue? I am having the exact same problem. Spacebar, v, b down arrow not working. Also noticed 6 key not working on the numeric pad (num lock area). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Using Helios PH317-51