acer predator 300 nvidia gtx 1060 dissabled can not be activated? also Missing hard drive caddy

Options
2»

Answers

• ven98
    ven98 ACE Posts: 4,073 Pathfinder
    Options
    In device manager can you right-click on the GTX 1060 then choose properties. Then left-click on roll-back.
    Always post the following characterisitcs of the device:
    -Model number
    -Part number(not required, but helpful)
    -CPU
    -GPU
    -Operating system

Helios 300 and Nitro 5 users DO NOT update the BIOS to version 1.22 if you don't want the keyboard's backlight to turn off after 30 seconds even when the device is plugged in.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!   
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

• csquaredd
    csquaredd Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    Yes to the yellow triangle with the!
    And thank you but I did try the already uninstalling it and then reinstalling it manually
  • Flx
    Flx Member Posts: 466 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Did you use display driver uninstaller the program or did you just uninstall from Windows device manager? DDU will clean it thoroughly and then you can try from Acer's website

• csquaredd
    csquaredd Member Posts: 10 New User
    Options
    Yes it gives me the option to roll back right now. It would not let me do it before .It says I have to restart. I'll attempt to see if this fixes it but I doubt it .
  • lucifer_1234
    lucifer_1234 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options
    csquaredd said:
    Yes it gives me the option to roll back right now. It would not let me do it before .It says I have to restart. I'll attempt to see if this fixes it but I doubt it .
    have you fixed your gpu issue please reply

i am going to buy this laptop
  • Stephen_B
    Stephen_B Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having this exact same issue, I just bought this computer. It has the newest drivers from ACER and NVIDIA and I downloaded 3DMark to test the graphics card and it only recognized the Intel chipset. I called ACER and they said there's nothing they can do? They told me to try and reinstall the NVIDIA Driver from NVIDIA's website, gave me a CASE number and told me to report back. They guy said he doesn't have anything else to try. Serisouly? I wasted my time calling tech support.
  • chicoluckylopez
    chicoluckylopez Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have the exact same problem. Is there a fix?. Geforce experience keeps telling me to install drivers, Predator sense didnt give me a gpu temp and when i tried to re-install it it says my operating system isnt compatable. The device manager gives me a yellow triangle next to the 1060 yet doesnt say what happened to it. It blue-screened yesterday and all the problems have been since then.
  • hocca
    hocca Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    just bought pc 2 days ago g3-571 everything was ok. updated latest driver or end of march one dont remember well and than started to download games and was browsing same time and got blue screen and its count and restar laptop and when windows started got that code 43 used ddu and tried different drivers etc and even from acer website but same sh1t have code 43 error. any solutions?
  • LJ69
    LJ69 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    To fix the Predator not using the Nvidia card, do the following:  Open Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, you'll see Global Settings and Program Settings ...Choose Program Settings ....Select a program to customize ...once you select a program, choose use integrated graphics, then apply. ...You should be good to go.   do this for any programs that won't load.  Hope this helps
  • JohnCena
    JohnCena Member Posts: 460 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Right click and update driver. Or make a clean setup of windows
  • JRock2018
    JRock2018 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    same issue with my Pred. any fix with this issue? looping with BSOD after installing NVIDIA
  • vampire888
    vampire888 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    the same issue with my an515-52 nitro 5
    GTX is not shown in device manager at all......