Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04

Memory upgrade for Acer Aspire A315-31

coolccoolc Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

I have an Acer Aspire A315-31 which comes with N4200 processor and 4GB of RAM.

I am planning to upgrade/replace this with 60/120GB SATA3 6Gbps SSD and upgrade the RAM to 8GB as the processor supports upto 8GB of RAM.

My question for RAM:

1. Is the current 4GB RAM in a slot, which can be removed and replaced with a 8GB one? Or

2. 4GB is soldered but a slot available to add another 4GB? Or

3. Two slots available, one slot filled with 4GB and another vacant? 

My question regd SSD:

1. Currently there is SATA3 HDD, I have to replace the HDD with SSD? Or

2. There is another M.2 or mSATA slot where I can host M.2/mSATA SATA3 SSD?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,572 Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

The memory module is soldered on MB, 4GB is the maximum memory for this model and no slots available.

As for the SSD, you can install a M.2 SATA SSD, migrate your OS to it and use the HDD as a data drive.

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 Posts: 12,572ACE Trailblazer
    Accepted Answer

Hi,

The memory module is soldered on MB, 4GB is the maximum memory for this model and no slots available.

As for the SSD, you can install a M.2 SATA SSD, migrate your OS to it and use the HDD as a data drive.

Please don't click "Like" but click "Yes" for "Did this answer the question", if I resolve the problem.
  • coolccoolc Posts: 8Member

Tinkerer

Thanks, appreciate your help if any other question will post it here.

• You are most welcomeSmiley Very Happy

Tinkerer

@brummyfan2

How do I release the existing HDD from this https://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/ProductImageCompressAll1280/A24G_1_201708192014334463.jpg

Is there a guide I can refer to?

Opening the HDD tray on the left does not give access to HDD holding screws?

The screws are holding the existing HDD from the sides?

• Hi,

Remove the single screw which secures the cover, there's a small gap in the corner of the cover, insert a plastic flat object or finger nails to lift slowly to release plastic tabs, taking care not to damage those tabs which are not visible, once you release few tabs the rest will unlock easily, then pull the HDD with one hand while holding the adapter(yellow circle) and I don't think you need to dislodge the cable from the MB. 

Capture3.JPGCapture4.JPG

Tinkerer

I was able to remove the cover gently and securely, but I thought if HDD was held from the screws on the left, but it was the rubber (plastic covering) padding/enclosure which was pressing itself against the internal walls of the laptop chassis to hold HDD against any shocks. Your picture depiction helped and confirmed that I just need to lift the HDD and release the rubber padding from against the internal walls and I was able to do it easily this time Smiley Happy

Thanks a ton!! Really appreciate your quick reply and help!!

One more Q:

1. Is there a place where I can find Windows 8 drivers for this device? Or would be grateful if you could share them.

• You are welcomeSmiley Very Happy

• tregzor said:
    Hi,
    Smartphones are similar to laptops, so it has 6GB RAM( Random Access Memory) and a storage of 64GB.
  • LifalakheLifalakhe Posts: 1Member New User
    Hi, I am asking if its possible for me to upgrade my Intel processor with core i3 ,my laptop is Acer aspire 3 A315-31-C425, Item(R)  Celeron(R)  CPU N3350 @ 1.10GHz, 4.00GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 
    Lifalakhe said:
    Hi, I am asking if its possible for me to upgrade my Intel processor with core i3 ,my laptop is Acer aspire 3 A315-31-C425, Item(R)  Celeron(R)  CPU N3350 @ 1.10GHz, 4.00GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor 

Hi,
    You can not upgrade this CPU, it's socket type is BGA and it means that it 's soldered to the motherboard.
  • ashishjangra206ashishjangra206 Posts: 4Member New User
    brummyfan2 said: Brother recently I bought new acer aspire 3 a315-51-316k.
    It has i3-7th gen(7130u) upto 2.7ghz and has 4 gb ddr4 (2133mhz) Ram, 1Tb Hdd , No dvd writer. Here is link

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/IN/content/model/NX.GS6SI.001

I've question for you  does my laptop support m.2 sata ssd or PCIe ? I Want to upgrade to ssd but i am confusing is that support or not ?and one more thing if I remove back sticker which is bottom of laptop it will void my warranty ??
    It has i3-7th gen(7130u) upto 2.7ghz and has 4 gb ddr4 (2133mhz) Ram, 1Tb Hdd , No dvd writer. Here is link

I've question for you  does my laptop support m.2 sata ssd or PCIe ? I Want to upgrade to ssd but i am confusing is that support or not ?and one more thing if I remove back sticker which is bottom of laptop it will void my warranty ??
    Hi,
    You can install a M.2 SATA SSD only.
    Example:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Sata-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B078WQC2GQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1527336480&sr=8-6&keywords=ssd+m2+sata

Hi,
    You can install a M.2 SATA SSD only.
    Example:https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Sata-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B078WQC2GQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1527336480&sr=8-6&keywords=ssd+m2+sata

bro see this
    pcie or sata interface ??
    See one this also and tell me pcie or sata m.2 ssd????????

pcie or sata interface ??
    Hi,
    Yes, you have Maximum Link Width value of 4x,  so you are able to install a NVMe SSD.
  • Ganesh007Ganesh007 Posts: 2Member New User
    Aspire 3 A315-31 not update ram slots available
  • MCaylanMCaylan Posts: 1Member New User

Hi,

What about an A315-51-51SL?
  • Nipun_89Nipun_89 Posts: 1Member New User
    Hi, 
    I have Acer Aspire 3 A315-51-51B0, it comes with 4GB RAM, I want to upgrade and add 8GB ram. My concern is what’s the max RAM it can support and what’s the configuration of Ram that will support? 

I did research and was was able to discover it supports DDR4 but I want to know if it will support 2133, 2400, 2600 or 2660 MHZ of ram?

please help me to find it out. 

Thanks