JOIN OUR RANKS
Sign up for an Acer ID and get exclusive access to deals and the Predator Den community, where you can ask and answer questions about gaming and gear.
I have an Acer Aspire A315-31 which comes with N4200 processor and 4GB of RAM.
I am planning to upgrade/replace this with 60/120GB SATA3 6Gbps SSD and upgrade the RAM to 8GB as the processor supports upto 8GB of RAM.
My question for RAM:
1. Is the current 4GB RAM in a slot, which can be removed and replaced with a 8GB one? Or
2. 4GB is soldered but a slot available to add another 4GB? Or
3. Two slots available, one slot filled with 4GB and another vacant?
My question regd SSD:
1. Currently there is SATA3 HDD, I have to replace the HDD with SSD? Or
2. There is another M.2 or mSATA slot where I can host M.2/mSATA SATA3 SSD?
Thanks in advance.