want to change the OS - A315-31-P4CR

Joyson
Joyson Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Legacy Laptops and Netbooks

Hi,

I have recently purchaed acer a315-31-p4cr laptop. The os is linux but I want to change the OS linux to Ubuntu 14.04. I have made the bootable pendrive using universal usb installer. I have pluged in the usb to laptop. But when I goes to boot option pressing f12 there is no option to boot from usb. I have disabled the secure boot to get usb booting. But when I goes to the boot option I cannot find Usb booting. Please help me. The pendrive I am using is sandisk 8gb

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• coolc
    coolc Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Set the password for the BIOS you will get other options enabled (which you are looking for).

• Joyson
    Joyson Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi,

I have tried that. I have already set bios password but still usb boot option is not showing

• coolc
    coolc Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Then most probably the bootable pendrive isn't correct as it is not recognizing it as boot info in the pendrive, when F12 is pressed.

I had same issue when I had Windows 10 ISO on pendrive, then had to make the pendrive again with "GPT partition scheme for UEFI" and FAT32 in Rufus (I used Rufus to make bootable pendrive and not Universal USB installer). Not sure about Linux, you can try it out.

BTW, are you sure Linux 14.04 LTS has all drivers necessary for A315-31?

• stechsolutions
    stechsolutions Member Posts: 1 New User
    how do i flash the BIOS and update to the latest BIOS version of Acer Aspire A315-31-P4CR using usb disk.