Touchpad Not Working for Acer ES1-432

marxie
marxie Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited August 2023 in 2019 Archives

Hi Acer Community,

I managed to install Windows 8.1 on my Acer ES1-432. However, after the install the touchpad refuses to work (if I plug my mouse out, the mouse icon/hand thing disappears and clicking doesn't work).

I had tried installing both touchpad drivers from here https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/6976?b=1 but they are for Windows 10 only it seems, so I tried some Windows 8.1 drivers from various sources (including from an Elantech ES1-422) but am having no luck. It's not showing up under device manager (I checked under Mice and Human Interface Devices) or mouse settings.

The Enlantech drivers do install, but after the restart it still doesn't work. Synaptics drivers don't install at all, so I'm assuming my touchpad is an Enlantech one (Hardware/Vendor detection tool from Acer doesn't even show my touchpad).

Please help!

Thanks in advance

Edit: I tried the Synaptics driver from the ES1-422, and it installed, but again it doesn't work. Maybe the entire touchpad is broken (hardware failure)?

Best Answer

• marxie
    marxie Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Alright, for those who struggle with this in the future, I installed the Aspire ES1-422 Enlantech driver for Windows 8.1, went to BIOS (press F2 continually at startup to enter BIOS) to set Touchpad from Advanced to Basic, then had to do Fn+F7 to get it to work. It works swimmingly!

Answers