Predator Helios 300 G3-571, Running very slowly after a factory reset

Options
Spootin23
Spootin23 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I installed a new hard drive just the other day, but had some problems as I was trying to format and adjust everything. So I backed everything up (just in case) and did a factory reset. Almost everyhing I had on my computer was for gaming and could easily be brought back. My personal stuff was wiped clean and I updated windows 10, and the graphics card drivers, but im still having problems trying to play oculus rift. I never had problems before, everything ran very smoothly, before I screwed up. What could possibly be going on here and how can I fix it? Is there something that is left out when I do a factory reset that I need to re-install? 

Answers

• Acrid
    Acrid Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options

Just a suggestion, but make sure all of your drivers are up-to-date (This can be found on the Acer website) and if that does not work try re-installing the software that is acting slow.

• Spootin23

Tinkerer

Options
    I've tried reinstalling my vr, my graphics card drivers are updated, my bios is updated. What else might I be missing?
  • Acrid
    Acrid Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options
    Just let a shot in the dark here but do you still have the predator sense app? Maybe your graphics card isn't getting proper cooling?
  • Spootin23

Tinkerer

Options
    No I still have predator sense, the fans are working fine.