Aspire Laptop R5-471T Graphics Card update, need to roll back

william_seeders
william_seeders Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I recently downloaded graphis software from Silhouette America and it didn't work properly.  There tech support says that an update to my graphics card was the most likely cause.

My question is how can I roll back the the update and has anyone else run into a problem like this?

Answers

• alivvi
    alivvi Member Posts: 3 New User

Thank you, lava890...for the lead.

I found a solution, that somewhat followed those links you provided through brummyfan2.

This is what I have, and what I did to change the problem:

Aspire R5-471T.....Now this is from the very beginning, if you cannot find the Control Panel...

Click Windows icon, a list pops up, go down to >

Windows System>

Control Panel>

System & Security>

System>

(*double click or turn arrow down to open>

Device Manager>)

select, Display adapters>

(*double click

Intel(R) HD Graphics 520>)

select, Driver>

Update Driver>

select, Browse my Computer for driver software>

select, Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my Computer>

a list generates,>

select, a driver...dated previous to 06/02/2017>

click, NEXT

should install that driver, thereby rolling back to last known stable update.

**there are 4 other options back at the step where you selected Update driver. I used only Update driver because I knew the date of the most recent Update. 'Sides that, you can compare from the list, drawing your own conclusions.

I am fully aware there are risks to not allowing automatic updates, and I don't care. Willing *****, may be. The automatic updates brought me here in the first place, which has been less than pleasant.

Best to yall, mine works now. It cannot be updated without my permission now.

• lava890
    lava890 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

It looks like the previous driver was dated April 2016, so they don’t seem to be updated very often.